Saturday, September 3, 2011

SMART Quest ♥ Tues. August 30, 2011

High Intensity Interval Training Workout

My SMART Quest for today is: Try to really get back on track with my eating!  I am stil messing up.  But I am trying, I will succeed.


AWOKE: 5:00 am
WARM UP: 5:30 am
Push Ups x 12
Squats x 20
Spiderman Climbs x 20 total
Jumping Jacks x 30





Today I am doing a HIIT consisting of a series of 8 exercises based on Scott Colby's Ageless Abs 2 Program! I am doing 90 seconds on 90 seconds active recovery.

High Intensity Interval Training

These are timed Intervals: Set your Gymboss Timer to 2 intervals of 90 seconds each and 8 rounds. Each round is 3 minutes. 24:00 total

Heismans x 90 seconds full on work
Prisoner Squats x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace
8 Count Body Builders  x 90 seconds full on work
Side reaching Lunge  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace
Bowling Lunges  x 90 seconds full on work
Lunge with a Twist x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace

Switch Kicks x 90 seconds full on work. As quickly as possible
Alternating Reverse Lunge x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace

Jumping Jacks x 90 seconds full on work
Squats  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace
 
Side Jump Kicks Left x 90 seconds full on work

Alternating 1 Legged Reach x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace
Side Jump Kicks Right - x 90 seconds full on work
Alternating Reverse Lunges  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace
1 Arm Press Up x 90 seconds full on work
Side Planks x 90 seconds (45 seconds each side) active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace


I really enjoy the intensity of these workouts!  I change them up each time to keep my body guessing and to keep the workout fresh!

0 comments: