Great game plan for eating:
- Shop for all of the groceries you will need for most of the week
- Shop for the items you will need on a monthly basis as well to be able to make delicious recipes so you won't get bored eating the same old things or be tempted to eat something "bad" because you don't have what you need in your pantry.
- Try new recipes to keep motivated
- Be sure to eat every 2 1/2 - 3 hours - This is KEY to success and a speedy metabolism
- Eat the right types of foods - but don't beat yourself up if you eat something "bad". We are human, we need to live, laugh and love life!
- Drink plenty of water, no matter what!
- Be sure to journal everyday and list what Iyou have eaten, drank, etc!
Find workouts that appeal to you. Be consistent. Be patient. Be the best "You"!
- Workout 6 days a week - Sunday's rest
- Workout 3 days a week Weight Training for a minimum of 25 minutes with an average of 45 minutes
- Workout 3 days a week doing Cardio, Running, Walking, Tabata Intervals or HIIT training - about 30 minutes
- Continue to push yourself to work harder
- Keep sweating
- Keep switching the exercises to keep your body guessing!
I can't stress how important sleep is! For years I have been plagued with anxiety attacks and hot flashes & bed sweats associated with early menopause. I have been going through these things for 10 years now!
- Go to bed at a decent hour - staying up late robs us of vital sleep that we need
- Try to get at least 6 hours of sleep
- Try not to eat at least 2 hours before going to sleep
- Be sure to drink some water a couple of hours before going to sleep but not right before going to bed
- Don't read or watch TV before going to sleep
- Don't go to sleep with the TV or radio on, it is too distracting!
It is of utmost importance to have a good mindset when going into any weight loss or fitness program.
- Keep a positive attitude - this won't happen overnight! It took years to gain the weight, it won't go away overnight, there is no "magic pill"
- Cravings can be conquered - they are a response to a condition or habit. Knowing you can have something you crave in 5 - 7 days on your cheat days helps to keep it at bay. By the time you can have the food you were craving, you no usually longer want it!
- If you fall off track, get right back on. Don't adopt a bad mindset of "I can always start tomorrow, or next week!" Bad trap!
- Try to see the good things that you are doing for your mind, body & soul and not dwell on the things you don't like or can't change
Water is also one of the keys to success. Our bodies require so much water just to function properly and help flush out waste and extra water. There are formulas out there for drinking a certain percentage of our body weight, but I find drinking 8 - 10, 8 oz glasses of water a day is perfect for me! I keep an 8 oz glass next to the refrigerator's filtered water system. I like it room temp so as soon as I drink 1 glass
- Drink 8 - 10, 8 oz glasses of water everyday
- Try to drink 1, 8 oz glass before each meal and 1 8 oz glass after each meal. If you are eating 5 times a day your 10 glasses of water will go down effortlessly
- Try drinking a glass of water when you pass the area that you keep it in if you don't like drinking water with your meals.
We all need to stay motivated in order to be successful. Often times our friends and family can actually sabotage our best efforts when we need them the most. They will sometimes seem not interested and make us feel like what we are doing is a waste of time
- Write down why you want to lose the weight!
- What will you gain by losing the extra weight?
- Keep photos of fit people in places like your desk or refrigerator to help motivate you
- Promise yourself a reward of new clothing or some other "non-food" reward as you progress to keep yourself motivated
- Book a small vacation! Knowing you have to be in shape by a certain date can certainly help keep you motivated!