If you are not a fan of kale, perhaps this recipe will turn you around. I think the key in "taming" that "wild" kale taste is lemon juice. I think kale and lemon seem to go hand in hand and the acid in the lemons breaks down the tougher structure of the kale.
I added a few slices of Brie Cheese to the top of my salad since I was having this as a main course.
This salad features the health benefits of Kale, raw sunflower seed kernels, golden raisins, tiny slivers of onion and the nutty rich flavor of Pecorino Romano cut into tiny cubes. The flavors explode in your mouth and compliment each other nicely. A wonderful experience awaits your taste buds! This is sure to become a family or party favorite.
TUSCAN KALE SALAD
- 4 Cups of Kale washed and finely chopped
- 4 Tbs sunflower seed kernels
- 4 Tbs golden raisins
- 4 Tbs finely cubed (diced) Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 2 Tbs of thinly slivered (very fine) onion
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice (1/2 small lemon)
- Rice Vinegar (just a few splashes)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add Kale, sunflower seeds, raisins, onion, & Pecorino Romano cubes
- Squeeze lemon juice into salad and add Olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper
- Use your hands to gently toss the salad. It is better to use your hands here as it seems to help coat and soften the kale a bit.