Sunday, April 22, 2012

One More Week, Then Back to Running!

I am giving my ankle/foot 1 more week of rest.  It feels so much better.  I had some therapy on it.  It is believed that I actually had some sort of injury to the bottom of my foot or strain or trigger point to the muscles there instead of my ankle.  (Plantar Fasciitis).
The therapist was able to pinpoint the actual area of pain. It really wasn't my ankle but rather more in my arch of my foot to the outer part of my heel. The therapy was so painful, I thought I was going to faint.  The next day it almost hurt more but I was told that that was normal.  Sure enough, the pain subsided the next day and I was able to put my weight on my ankle/foot and walk fairly normally.  I still have some stiffness, but I think that is from limping and "babying" my ankle.  I plan to start slowly again, stay off of the "wonky" sidewalks and just be careful!

0 comments: