Friday, April 13, 2012

Couch to 5K Running Program - Still Recovering From Ankle Injury

Well, I am sad to report that I am still recovering from my ankle injury.  It has been hard not being able to run or work out very strenuously.  I like to be active and instead I find myself limping around trying not to put any weight on my right ankle/foot.



I have been researching this injury.  I am supposed to stay off of it as much as possible, do non weight bearing exercises, ice it and keep it elevated.  It  has been over 1- 1/2 weeks since the injury.  I think when I was running on the "wonky" sidewalks in my neighborhood, I came down on it wrong a few times trying to navigate the horribly dangerous sidewalks.  I also think that since I have never been a runner before that I was trying to do too much too fast.  My personal trainer teacher seems to think I was not running fast enough, causing the impact on my ankles and knees to be more frequent and more intense.  That makes sense, but really I feel it was more due to the un-level, cracked and raised sidewalks. 

It feels a bit better.  I am hoping it will heal and that I will be able to run again, but I must say, I am scared.  What if I just keep injuring it?  I am going to try and be patient and give it the rest it needs.
Has anyone else had problems like this?  So frustrating!

0 comments: