Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Week 7, Day 1 - Couch to 5K running program

Today is the 25 minute 2 1/2 mile run.  I am sure I can do it.  I am getting close to that 5k!
I plan to keep a good pace.  Not too fast, not too slow. My ankle has been bothering me.  It started last week.  I probably should rest it but I don't want to miss a run.

Warm up: 5 - 10 minutes Static Stretching:
  • Hip Flexors
  • Quads
  • Calves
  • Adductors (inner thighs)
Podcast - Week 7 - Day 1:
  • 5:00 minutes brisk walking
  • 25:00 minutes running
  • 10:00 minutes brisk walk - cool down
   I was fine for the first 20 minutes.   Those last 5 minutes were a killer.  I think it is more of a psycological thing.  I hope to get past that soon where I am not thinking about the clock so much.  I am beginning to be able to let my mind go and think of life rather than the time.

I had a nice cool down walk and then finished with a good stretch:

COOL DOWN - Stretch
  • Hip Flexors
  • Calves (Gastrocnemius)
  • Hamstrings
  • Quads

0 comments: