Monday, May 2, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Mon. May 2, 2011

Week 8, Day 1
My SMART Quest for today is: Stay on track & focused.  I think I  need to work a little harder, even though I feel I am working very hard, things have been slow going for me.  I feel like I have it a plateau!
Awoke:  5:00 am
Warm Up: 5:25 am 
12 push ups
20 squats
20 spiderman climbs
30 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!  I have added a few extra reps to my warm up to get my heart going!

Workout:  5:30 am

Today I am doing Scott Colby's Weight Based Interval Training #1, week 8, from Ageless Abs 2 Program!  I will continue to add the extra reps and do the more advanced moves.   


Metabolic Acceleration Phase - Week 8

Weight Based Interval Training # 1 


BOSU DB Squat with Front Raise (15 lb. dumbbells) x 16 reps 
DB Reverse Lunge with Overhead Press (17.5 / 15 lb. dumbbells) x 16 reps (8 reps each leg)
BOSU DB Bent Over Row and Raise  (15 lb dumbbells) x 16 reps 
DB Renegade Row - T Stabilization (15 lb. dumbbells) x 20 reps (10 reps each side)

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.  Rest only as needed.

I was really tired again.  I went to bed at a decent time, but I think I got used to sleeping in a little.  I have been very tired all the time lately.  I used the same 15 lb dumbbells as last Monday.  I bumped up 17.5 lb dumbbells for the DB Reverse Lunge with Overhead Press for the first round  but with the added reps I felt really fatigued and went back down to the 15 lb dumbbells. Same as last week  all of the weights felt super heavy again. I had to give myself a "pep talk" again toward the end to keep going!
I was able to complete 3 rounds in exactly 19:54 minutes. I was surprised that I was able to get the 3 rounds in within the 20;00 minutes, it seemed like it was taking longer.  I was really huffing and grunting through the last reps of the Renegade Row.  Drenched in sweat when this was done!

R#1 - 7:30, R# 2 - 6:13,  R#3 - 6:11  (boy that first round took me much longer than last week, but I shaved a few seconds off of the other rounds)

I finished this workout with a 5 minute Couplet Finisher #1
Finish this workout with Finisher #1 consisting of

30 Push Ups + 30 Squat Jumps
20 Push Ups + 20 Squat Jumps
10 Push Ups + 10 Squat Jumps
It took me 3:15 seconds to complete the Finisher!  I shaved off 1:07 from last week, but I felt that racing to go faster I didn't feel like the push ups were as challenging.  I am a firm believer in form over speed and I have found that going slower with the push ups actually makes them a bit harder to do, which I like.
Last Monday I was down to my lowest weight since both programs! This week 9so far), my measurements stayed the same, but i am still u about 1 lb.  No worries, just something for me to think about!

MONDAY STATS:
Neck - 12 1/2" (same)
Bust - 34 1/2" (same)
Under Bust - 29 3/4" (same)
Waist - 28" (same)
Navel - 31 1/2" (- same)
Hips - 35 1/2" (same)
Thighs - 23" (same)
Mid Thigh - 20 3/8"" (-1/8")
Knee - 17" (same)
Calves - 14 3/8" (same)
Ankles - 9 5/8" (same)
Bicep Left - 11 1/2" (same)
Bicep Right - 11" (same)

I was really tied after my workout and went back to bed to take a nap for 2 hours.  I didn't eat until much later:

MEALS: 
Meal #1:  9:20 am -  1 small banana & coffee & sugar free creamer
Meal #2: 12:00 pm -  egg white omelet with 1/2 oz cheese
Meal #3: 2:30 pm -   reward meal: 1/2 cheese calzone (picked out 1/3 of the cheese), green salad, few bites of chocolate cake.  I didn't binge.
Meal #4: 7:30 pm -    not really hungry.  Small serving of whole foods fresh made tortilla chips & 1 small original Pinkberry with mango, coconut & chocolate chips.

WATER: 8 glasses

MINDSET: I have been really tired lately.  Not sure why.  I slept in everyday last week for spring break.  I found that I was actually more tired during my workout form the extra sleep.  I had no trouble getting up this morning to work out, but afterwards I was exhausted and had to take a 2 hour nap.  I felt much better.  I am going to bed soon to see if that will help.  I feel I have hit  a plateau.  I will figure out how to tweak my eating again and keep my workouts at a very advanced level.  I know things are smaller as most of my old clothes fit now.  My stomach seems to be swollen or bloated lately.  I was hoping my waist would go down a bit more.  Thank goodness I have taken other measurements than my waist or I would really be discouraged.

0 comments: