Sunday, May 15, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Wed. May 11, 2011

Week 9, Day 3
My SMART Quest for today is:  I've lost rack of my reward day so I have been trying to do every 7 days.  I feel like I keep veering off track a bit with my meals.  I intend t get more strict with this as I feel it will hamper my results if I do not.  I continue to work as hard as i can with the workouts!
Awoke:  5:00 am
Warm Up: 5:25 am 
12 push ups
20 squats
20 spiderman climbs
30 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!  I continue to add extra reps to my warm up to get my heart going!

Workout:  5:30 am

Today I am doing Scott Colby's Weight Based Interval Training 2, week 9, from Ageless Abs 2 Program!  Since this is HEAVY Weights, I will NOT be adding extra reps but will be going ALL out and as heavy as I can for the reps.


Metabolic Explosion Phase - Week 9
Weight Based Interval Training # 2

8 Count Bodybuilders x 8  (Bodyweight exercise) 
DB Squat to Y Press x 8  with 2 - 21 lb DB's,  2 - 23.5 lb DB's, 2 - 21 lb DB's,  2 - 21 lb DB's
DB One Legged Step Up with Bicep Curl x 16 total (8 each leg) with 2 - 16 lb DB's, 2 - 16 lb. DB's, 2 - 18.5 lb DB's, 2 - 16 lb. DB's
DB Squat with Bent Over Rear Raise x 8  with 2 - 16 lb DB's for all 4 rounds

I was able to complete 4 rounds in 20:45 minutes.

R#1 - 5:47, R# 2 - 5:07,  R#3 - 4:53,  R#4 - 4:58
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.  Rest only as needed
If you can do more than 5 rounds, use heavier weights.

I finished this workout with a 5 minute Couplet Finisher #1

Push Ups until you can't do any more - 30, 25, 16 reps per round
Squat Jumps until you can't do any more - 40, 30, 30 reps per round
As many rounds as you can in 5 minutes

This was really difficult.  It has been a long time since we used heavy weights.  I could really feel this, wow!  I love being able to press up those heavy weights.  My heart was racing and I was good and sweaty, lol.

0 comments: