Monday, May 9, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Fri. May 6, 2011

Week 8, Day 5
My SMART Quest for today is:  I am really depressed today!  has some personal issues come up yesterday, but I refuse to let them keep me from working out! I am exhausted.  Stayed up very late! Not the usual late Friday for my daughter to go to school so I had to get up and workout with less sleep, oh well!  Of course this is the workout I DREAD!  I hope I will get through it!
Awoke:  5:00 am
Warm Up: 5:40 am 
12 push ups
20 squats
20 spiderman climbs
30 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!  I continue to add extra reps to my warm up to get my heart going!

Workout:  5:40 am

Today I am doing Scott Colby's Weight Based Interval Training#3, week 8, from Ageless Abs 2 Program!  I am adding more reps and doing more advanced moves.   


Metabolic Acceleration Phase - Week 8

Weight Based Interval Training # 3


DB Renegade Rows with Push Up and T-Stabilization  (12 lb. Dumbbells) x 16 push ups (8 rows each side) 
DB Bulgarian Split Squat with Overhead Press (17.5 lb Dumbbells) x 20 total (10 each side)
BOSU DB Side-Front Raise Combo (8 lb Dumbbells) x 16 (each time your arms come down equals 1 rep, will have to use fairly light weight)
DB One Legged Step Up (15 lb Dumbbells) x 24 each side
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.  Rest only as needed.


This week I bumped up to 17.5 lbs from 15 lbs last week for the DB Bulgarian Split Squat with Overhead Press.  I don't like this exercise, but I added extra weights and took off the extra reps.  It worked out good.. I kept the other exercises with the same weights and reps as last week.  I actually felt a little stronger so i was able to complete 3 full rounds instead of 2 1/2 like last week.
I was able to complete 3 rounds in 23:15 minutes. It still took longer to complete each round.  The push ups were killer and so were the Bulgarian over head presses. I made myself finish the 3rd round after the timer went off.  I really felt a sense of accomplishment especially since I had such an emotional roller coaster ride yesterday.
R#1 - 8:00, R# 2 - 7:43,  1/2, R#3 - 7:32 - Total 23:15 minutes

I finished this workout with Finisher #2 consisting of 
30 Dips + 30 Jumping Lunges (total)
20 Dips + 20 Jumping Lunges (total)
10 Dips + 10 Jumping Lunges (total)

A little easier to complete this week.  Total time: 4:07

0 comments: