Sunday, May 15, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Fri. May 13, 2011

Week 9, Day 5
My SMART Quest for today is:  I've lost rack of my reward day so I have been trying to do every 7 days.  I feel like I keep veering off track a bit with my meals.  I intend t get more strict with this as I feel it will hamper my results if I do not.  I continue to work as hard as i can with the workouts!
Awoke:  5:00 am
Warm Up: 5:35 am 
12 push ups
20 squats
20 spiderman climbs
30 jumping jacks

Completed 2 rounds! 
Workout:  5:40 am

Today I am doing Scott Colby's Weight Based Interval Training 2, week 9, from Ageless Abs 2 Program!  Since this is HEAVY Weights, I will NOT be adding extra reps but will be going ALL out and as heavy as I can for the reps.


Metabolic Explosion Phase - Week 9
Weight Based Interval Training # 3


DB Renegade Rows with Push Ups x 10 push ups (5 rows each side) with 2 - 31 lb DB's for all 4 rounds
DB Pull to Overhead Press x 8  with 2 - 18.5 lb DB's for all 4 rounds
DB T-Stabilization x 10 total  (5 each side) with 2 - 16 lb DB's for all 4 rounds
DB Bent Over Row to Tricep Exentsion x 8  with 2 - 16 lb DB's for all 4 rounds

I was able to complete 4 rounds in 21:51 minutes.

R#1 - 5:48, R# 2 - 5:32,  R#3 - 5:21,  R#4 - 5:10
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.  Rest only as needed
If you can do more than 5 rounds, use heavier weights.

I finished this workout with a 5 minute Couplet Finisher #2Bodyweight Rows until you can't do any more - 25, 20, 16 reps per round
Jumping Lunges until you can't do any more - 40, 35, 30 reps per round
As many rounds as you can in 5 minutes

It actually took me 5:50 to finish.

This was also really difficult. I had a tough time with the T-Stabilizations.  16 lbs was heavy for my right arm as I am left handed.  I really loved using 31 lbs per arm for the Renegade Rows with Push Ups.  I felt like I was really accomplishing something!  All of the exercises were very challenging with the weights I chose. Good workout!

1 comments:

Doris said...

Hi Gina,

Wow, 31 lbs for the rows? You amaze me with your strength. I'm at 10 lbs for the T-Stabs, so you're way ahead of me with 16 lbs. I haven't worked out in over a week and don't see myself doing much this week.

It's really hard for us right now.

Sorry your eating is off. Mine is off there, too.

Anyway, I'm glad you're working out and doing great there as always. I'm so proud of you.

Hugs,
Doris