Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The 5 Hour Workout?

I thought that would get your attention, lol.
(The real W.O.D. is posted below)

I did in fact have a 5 hour day of workouts with my Personal Fitness Trainer class yesterday.  Our teacher asked us if we wanted to give our special populations presentations or workout for 5 hours.  Only 4 of us were present in class at that moment and the the other 3 all said yes!   WHAT?  Seriously?  I had already worked out earlier that morning before class, so I was out-numbered, and had to go along with this crazy plan.

We started the morning with one of us leading the class in stretches.  That was all good.  Then the "fun" began!  Our instructor had us doing circuit workouts all morning.   If I can get photos from one of my classmates I will post them, lol.  Some of the "fun" stuff we did was a re-lay where we had to get in a prone (push up) position with our hands holding the edges of a tri-fold floor mat while we ran in this position for 12 rounds across the classroom floor.  My quads, glutes and hamstrings were on fire.  One of the other "fun" exercises that really stuck in my mind is where we had to push the squat/bench rack (in the same position) back and forth across the room 3 times as quickly as possible!  Geez!  This is a heavy piece of equipment!

Anyway here is the W.O.D. that I did before the "5 hour" workout!

WARM UP:
  • Push Ups x 10 - 12
  • Squats x 10 - 15
  • Spiderman Climbs x 15 - 20
  • Jumping Jacks x 20 - 30

This is a Ladder Style workout meaning that each round you add more reps.  It is the opposite of a pyramid where you srart with higher reps and work your way down.

WORKOUT:

Jump Squats
Squat Thrust
Push Ups
Step Jumps
Walking Lunges

Looks easy, right?  Here's what to do. 
Start with just 1 rep of each exercise, then do 2 reps, then 3 reps, etc.  Keep adding 1 rep to each exercise as you go.  rest only as needed.  Do as many rounbds as possible in 20 minutes.

Sprint for 1/4 mile at the end of the 20 minutes. 

Here are some images!  Enjoy!

Jump Squats










Squat Thrusts







Push Ups











Step Jumps (Box Jumps)








Walking Lunges

0 comments: