Tuesday, May 1, 2012

W.O.D. Workout of the Day!

Workout of the Day -

This is a fat burning interval!

I have been so behind on my posting here.  My apologies.  That doesn't mean I haven't been eating right and working out!  I did take it a bit easier while my ankle was recovering, but I didn't stop working out entirely.  Here is a great workout that will work your legs and core!

You will need 1 Kettlebell or a dumbbell if you don't have one.

This workout is a circuit of 4 exercises mixed in with some sprinting.  Not just any sprinting.  You will be running with a weight.  This can be a Dumbbell, Kettlebell, Medicine Ball, whatever you have.  Since we will be using a kettlebell for one of the exercises, it will be easier to just use that for your weight sprint.  Fun stuff, let's get started!

WARM UP:
  • Push Ups x 10 - 12
  • Squats x 10 - 15
  • Spiderman Climbs x 15 - 20
  • Jumping Jacks x 20 - 30
WORKOUT:

  • 5 Squat Thrusts
  • 10 KB Swings
  • 15 In/Outs
  • 20 Squat Jumps
  • Run 200 meters (1/8th mile) with 15 lb weight (I used a 15 lb kettlebell)
Go as quickly as you can through each exercise, rest only if you absolutely need to.  This is a timed workout.

20 minutes as many reps. as you can!

Cooldown and stretch it out!

0 comments: