Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I Am Back To Running Again - Couch To 5K

I am happy to report that I am back to running.  I took a few weeks off from it to let my ankle/foot heal and it seems to have worked.

I ran on Saturday on the Westchester Parkway.  I felt a bit cautious and de-conditioned but overall my ankle and foot was fine.  I did have some pain in both knees for a bit and then it lingered in  my right knee a little longer (the side that I injured my foot on). 


I back tracked to week 6, day 1 just to see how running would feel. 

Anyway, I got a chance to try out my new Reebok RealFlex running shoes.  I like the way they felt, they were nice and flexible and super light.  These shoes are so nice and thin and feel like a part of your foot.  I love them.

Over the weekend I got another pair of running shoes in the mail.  Asics Neo33. I will be posting about them soon.

I ran again this morning.  I just ran Week 6, Day 1 of the program again.  It was easier this time and I tried to be very aware of my surroundings, especially the crummy sidewalks in my neighborhood.  I want to run in the street but I am sure someone will try to run me over, sigh!

0 comments: