Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Couch to 5K Running Program. I am working my way back up!

I got back out and ran this morning.  I did a 20 minute run on the Westchester Parkway again.  Well actually it was 16 minutes with a 5 minute brisk walk and then 5 minutes running with another 5 minute cool down walk.  I really thought I could go the whole 20 minutes and I was a bit disappointed that I had to stop 4 minutes short.  I will nail it on Thursday for sure.  It was a tough run for me as I still feel deconditioned.  I warmed up longer than usual and did a nice long cool down and stretch as well.  I was super careful not to let my ankle get out from under me.  I guess I am babying it a bit, but I am so afraid of causing another injury.


I am really enjoying my new Asics Gel Neo33 Running Shoes.  They have really nice support and cushion.  I can feel the difference.  I am hoping to work back up to the 25 minutes I was running and finally get to 30 minutes.  I know it will come, I need to run everyday, but right now I can only run 3 - 4 times per week.

0 comments: