Thursday, January 20, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Thurs. Jan. 20, 2011

Week 1, Day 4 - Feeling Successful
SMART Quest for today: Just keep doing what I am doing.  I feel really good about the whole process.  

     I feel better than I did yesterday.  I was not as hungry as I have been the last couple of days.  I think having that big solid breakfast really helped after lifiting all those weights.

Sleep:  6 hours -  I tried to go to sleep a little earlier, but was still up until 10:45 pm.  I am not
sleeping well, hope it gets better soon.

Awoke:  4:45 am
Warm Up: 5:05 am - 8 Push ups, 12 Squats, 10 Spiderman Climbs, 20 Jumping Jacks - 2 Rounds

Workout:  5:10 am - Today I did Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv  Beach Workout

Length +/- 20min.
Workout Type: Circuit Workout
Exercises: 5

EQUIPMENT Needed:This workout is supposed to take about 20 minutes and uses the Gymboss Interval Timer and a weighted Workout Sandbag. I don't currently have a Sandbag, so I am using my Bowflex SelectTech Weights. You really need the timer to be accurate in this workout, but you can use any form of weights that you have to give you the intensity that you need.

Sandbag Lunge & Knee Up  x 30 reps on left leg with dumbbell in right hand - 1st round I used 25 lbs, 2nd round - 20 lbs, 3rd round - 17.5 lbs.  This was really tough to do and keep balanced
Sandbag Lunge & Knee Up  x 30 reps on right leg with dumbbell in left hand - - 1st round I used 25 lbs, 2nd round - 20 lbs, 3rd round - 17.5 lbs.  I found myself having to take a few seconds rest every 7 - 10 reps.
Sandbag Row x 30 reps - 30 lbs weight - The key here is to keep your back really flat, and head up - find a spot on the wall.
Dancing Crab  x 30 reps each leg - I could really feel this in my abs and glutes.
Repeat this circuit:  3 times
Took me 24 minites to complete 3 rounds of the qbove exercises

Jump Squats x 4 minutes of interval training - (8 rounds  x 20 seconds maximum effort, 10 second rest).  This was hard to do, By the time I finished the 3 sets of the exercises above I was getting tired. With Zuzana's jump squats you go all the way down and touch the floor and then jump up and put your arms up over your head!   Wow oh wow! (14, 10, 10, 11, 7, 7, 11, 11 reps per round)
Total workout time for me: 28 minutes


MEALS:
Meal #1:  8:15 am - Recovery whey protein shake (within 38 minutes of my workout) (180 calories)
Meal #2: 10:30 am -  1 egg, 2 slices uncured bacon, 1/2 banana, 1 slice sprouted wheat toast, with 1 pat of butter (297 calories)
Meal #3: 1:45 pm - 3. ozs beef, 1 cup broccoli, hot sauce, 2 dried figs, 9 almonds,  1 apricot ( 352 calories)
Meal #4: 4:00 pm -  30 pistachio nuts, 1 Tbs Natural peanut Butter  (219calories)
Meal #5: 7:30 pm - Salad with 8 shrimp, 2 cups spinach, mushrooms, 1 tbs cranberries, 1/2 oz apricit stilton cheese, raspberry vinagrette & then 1 Tbs of Peanut butter  (268 calories),

Calories total - 1316
WATER:  8 glasses ☺

0 comments: