Saturday, March 31, 2012

Week 6, Day 2 - Couch to 5K Running Program

I am feeling better but am still a bit congested.  It amazes me that this cold has been hanging on so long.
It is a nice overcast morning, so the weather is perfect.

Today it is a series of 10 minute runs.  I think this will go well.



Warm up: 5 - 10 minutes Static Stretching:
  • Hip Flexors
  • Quads
  • Calves
  • Hamstrings
Podcast - Week 6 - Day 2:
  • 5:00 minutes brisk walking
  • 10:00 minutes running
  • 5:00 brisk walking
  • 10:00 minutes running
  • 5:00 minutes brisk walk
I was able to get through this just fine. I just did the 1 interval today and decided not to add any extra running.  I will be running for 22 minutes or 2 1/4 miles on Saturday.

Cool Down: 5 minutes Static Stretching:
  • Hip Flexors
  • Quads
  • Calves
  • Adductors (inner thighs)
I got a good sweat going on.  I am beginning to feel more comfortable with running but still don't feel like I have my "running legs".  I hope that will come soon with the continued and consistent runs.

0 comments: