Friday, March 23, 2012

W.O.D. (Workout Of the Day) - Week 5, Day 3

I am still not feeling 100% today, but I just can't stand the thought of not working out.  I'm still stuffy headed and short of breath.  I was finding myself already making excuses not to workout earlier this morning as I sat at my computer.  Thankfully I had my workout clothes on and my Gymboss timer ready.  The Gymboss is my favorite piece of equipment and once I press the start button, it's "game on!"

This is a total body bootcamp workout.  It is comprised of 16 different exercises for 16 reps each that will heat up your muscles and get your heart pumping. 
Try to go from exercise to exercise without resting.  Take a few seconds minimal rest if needed.
Warm Up: 3 minutes Stretching:
  • Calves
  • Hips
  • Hamstrings
  • Shoulders
Dynamic Stretch:
  • Push Ups x 10 - 12
  • Squats x 10 - 15
  • Spiderman Climbs x 15 - 20
  • Jumping Jacks x 20 - 30
WORKOUT:
16 exercises, 16 reps of each, 1 time through as quickly as possible.
  • Extreme Squat Thrusts x 16
  • DB Renegade Rows  x 16 each
  • DB Squat to Y Press x 16
  • Mountain Jumper Push Ups x 16
  • Slamball x 16
  • Hanging Leg Raises x 16
  • DB Pull to Press x 16
  • Jumping Lunges x 16 each
  • Prone Arm Raise x 16 each
  • KB Swings x 16
  • DB Squat with Bent Over Row x 16
  • Stability Ball Moving Plank x 16
  • Squat jumps x 16
  • Feet Elevated Push Ups x 16
  • In/Outs x 16
  • Step Jumps x 16
This was a tough one for me today.  After the first exercise my heart rate was up due to my cold.  I found myself wanting to quit after a few of the exercises but I told myself to push to at least the halfway mark at 8 exercises.  By the time I got there, I got a second wind and was able to make it through all of the exercises.  I kept telling myself "I got this!", and I did!  Not only did I finish, I felt like I could do more so I finished with the following:

FINISHER:
  • Bench Dips x 16
  • Switch Kicks x 16 each leg
  • Bench Dips x 16
  • Switch Kicks x 16 each leg
  • Bench Dips x 16
  • Switch Kicks x 16 each leg
I am so glad I did this and didn't give in to my excuses!  Here's to a great day!

0 comments: