Saturday, March 24, 2012

Week 5, Day 3 - Couch to 5K Running Program

Oh my gosh, I did it!  I was so nervous about today's run.  I am still fighting a cold and my chest is tight but I decided i was going to go out on Westchester Parkway and get this 20 minute non-stop run in if it killed me, lol. 

Thankfully it did not kill me.  I was able to go the whole 20 minutes without stopping.  I will admit towards the end I was feeling it and thinking the clock would never get there.  I was coughing a bit afterwards but it felt so good to accomplish this.  I know some of you may think, "So what! 2 miles!", but you have to remember, I have never been a runner and this is all new for me!

Today is the big 20 minute run - 2 miles!


Warm up: 5 - 10 minutes Static Stretching:
  • Hip Flexors
  • Quads
  • Calves
  • Adductors (inner thighs)
Podcast - Week 5 - Day 3:
  • 5:00 minutes brisk walking
  • 20:00 minutes running
  • 10:00 minutes brisk walk - cool down
I did the whole circuit one time through.   I was pretty sure I wasn't going to make it, lol.  I kept trying to keep my mind on other things than the time.  I kept a steady, comfortable pace.  I only did this circuit one time, there was no way I was doing it again, lol.

I finished with a nice stretch:

COOL DOWN - Stretch
  • Hip Flexors
  • Calves (Gastrocnemius)
  • Hamstrings
  • Quads

0 comments: