I am always on the quest for something good and chocolate. I recently saw a recipe for a 1 minute brownie on happyhealthymama.com. It sounded great and she had tweaked it from a more fattening recipe to a decent lower calorie and fat dessert.
I loved the idea but I wanted something that would be a grain free, gluten free chocolate wonder that cooks in only 30 - 40 seconds.
Here is my rendition:
This is pretty darn good. I had to play around with it a bit, but the end result is super satisfying.
- 1 Tbs. Egg Whites or Egg Substitute
- 1 - 2 tsp. Coconut or Olive Oil (I find a bit more oil makes it more moist)
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder (add less if you want a gooier texture)
- 1 Tbs. Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 2 packet of Stevia sweetener (Xylitol can be substituted but will ad 4 more carbs per packet)
- 1 splash of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbs. of Almond meal (Flax meal can also be used)
- Add egg whites to mug
- Stir in baking powder with a fork making sure it is fully incorporated
- Add the coconut oil (it will break up and dissolve a bit)
- Add cocoa powder
- Add Stevia & a splash of the Vanilla extract
- Stir in 1/4 cup of Almond Meal
- Microwave for 30 - 40 seconds DON'T OVER COOK!
Some pointers about making the muffin:
- Be sure your baking powder is really fresh (use less, just a pinch if you want a gooey brownie)
- You can use either coconut oil or olive oil
- Add nuts if desired
- If you cut out the Xylitol and just use Stevia you can save a whopping 8 carbs.
Almond Meal - 1 carbs, 1 sugar per 1 Tbs. serving
Xylitol - 4 carbs, 0 sugars per serving
Cocoa Powder - 3 carbs, 0 sugars
Egg Whites - 0 carbs, 0 sugars
Baking Powder - 1 carb, 0 sugars
Vanilla Extract - 1 carb, 0.5 sugar
Coconut Oil - 0 carbs