Thursday, March 22, 2012

Week 5, Day 2 - Couch to 5K Program

I had nothing to report yesterday because I was sick all day.  I had a head cold with body aches and chills.  I managed to go to school to take a kinesiology exam and stay for some extra test reviews, then I came home and climbed in bed where I stayed until the this morning.

I took things slowly to see how I was feeling.  I decided I would attempt running and do, day 2 of week 5 today. I had a light energy snack and some water and did a brief warm up.  I told myself I would take it slow and not push myself too hard.  Today's intervals were simple but a bit longer.

Today it is a series of 8 minute runs and 5 minute walks.

Warm up: 5 - 10 minutes Static Stretching:
  • Hip Flexors
  • Quads
  • Calves
  • Adductors (inner thighs)
Podcast - Week 5 - Day 2:
  • 5:00 minutes brisk walking
  • 8:00 minutes running
  • 5:00 brisk walking
  • 8:00 minutes running
  • 5:00 minutes brisk walk - cool down
I did the whole circuit one time through.   I was surprised I could do the 8 minute intervals.  I just kept at a steady pace and concentrated on my breathing.  I was only going to do the 1 interval but after another 5 minutes of walking I started another 8 minute run.  I stopped after 5 minutes and then did a 5 minute cool down walk.   I am still worried about Saturday's 20 minute run. I hope I will be up to it.  I am still congested and feeling under the weather but not as sick as I was last night.
  • 5:00 brisk walking
  • 5:00 minutes running
  • 5:00 minutes brisk walk
I finished with a nice stretch:
  • Hip Flexors
  • Calves (Gastrocnemius)
  • Hamstrings
  • Quads

2 comments:

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Gina, I am sad to hear you are sick! Feel better soon. I am following your blog with a big pleasure. Is it your first or second year at the college? Do you attend alive dollhouse miniature shows? Mini hugs, Natalia

Gina said...

Hi Natalia,
Thanks so much. I am not uaed to getting sick, but it happens. I am trying not to let it stop me. The college I am attending is a 1 year program. We are getting ready for our certification prep. In regards to my doll business, I am currently only online and have not been attending any shows! Hugs, Gina ♥