Monday, March 5, 2012

Some Like It Hot! Jorge's Skinny Muffin Gets Some Flava'

OK, So by now I am sure you have figured out that I tend to obsess over certain things.  Food is one of them.  I am constantly trying to find new ways to make over great recipes.  I love chocolate and on the opposite end, I also love foods that are spicy & sassy!

One of my favorite things to eat is Jalapeno Cheese "Anything".  So why not?  With a few minor adjustments this simple skinny muffin can be any flavor you want.

FABULICIOUS!


Ooh La La, Spice Up My Life!

This muffin cooked up super light and fluffy!  It was also very, very moist!  I used almond meal instead of the flax meal and it had a very nice "corn meal" texture which was perfect for this savory muffin.  I substituted egg whites for the whole egg.

Jalapeno Cheddar Skinny Muffin:

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 Tbs. Egg Whites or 1 Whole Egg
  • 1 tsp. Olive Oil
  • 1 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 2 Tbs Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 1 Tbs Sliced Jalapenos, or more (the nacho slices in a can or jar)
  • 1/4 cup of Almond meal (Flax meal can also be used)
DIRECTIONS:
  • Add egg whites to mug
  • Stir in baking powder with a fork making sure it is fully incorporated
  • Add the olive oil
  • Stir in 1/4 cup of Almond Meal
  • Stir in the Cheddar Cheese
  • Fold in the Sliced Jalapenos
  • Sprinkle a bit of shredded cheddar on the top
  • Microwave for 50 - 55 seconds
CARB & SUGAR INFO: 8g Carbs, 0g Sugar
Almond Meal - 6 carbs, 1 sugar per 1/4 cup serving
Cheddar Cheese -  0 carbs, 0 sugars
Jalapenos - 1 carb, 0.5 sugar
Egg Whites - 0 carbs, 0 sugars
Baking Powder - 1 carb, 0 sugars
Olive Oil - 0 carbs, 0 sugars

0 comments: