Friday, February 24, 2012

Week 1, Day 5 - Jorge Cruise's "The Belly Fat Cure - Fast Track"

Today I am on day 5 in my first week of Jore Cruise's "The Belly Fat Cure - Fast Track".  It has been easy to stay on track.  I found it amazing that I have not consumed any added sugar or artificial sweeteners and I have only consumed carbs from vegetables.  I am not eating any fruit at this time either and do still miss my morning banana.  (I know, I keep saying that).  Amazingly, I am not actually craving anything, but I do miss eating certain foods out of habit, comfort and just plain love for certain foods.

I have lost 6 pounds already and I hope my weight will continue to go down over the next few weeks.  I will stay on Jorge's Fast Track program for the first 2 weeks and then evaluate how I feel, where I am at and decide if I will start eating a bit more carbs.  Right now my daily average intake of carbs is only 15 - 30g carbs total and about 5g - 8g of sugar total.  This has been hard, but possible by eating lean meats and good vegetables low in carbs.

I find that if I get creative and make tasty meals I don't really crave the carbs (brown rice, quinoa, Ezekiel sprouted grain bread, etc), but I miss them.  I feel very satisfied after eating.  Jorge suggests we stop eating just before we feel full.  I do that and then just get busy so I won't think about eating things I might be missing.

MEALS:
Meal #1:   8:30 am - 2 slices uncured bacon, 1 egg, coffee with half & half , vanilla & stevia. (Probiotic taken 30 minnutes after this meal)
Snack:    No Snack
Meal #2: 2:30 pm -  1 cup ceviche (shrimp, scallops, avocado, bell pepper, jalapeno, lemon/lime juice, chile powder), 2 Arugula and Brie Salad with 2 tbs shredded parmesan cheese & lemon juice, olive oil dressing. (Probiotic taken 30 minutes after this meal)
Snack: No snack
Meal #3: 4 ozs of extra lean ground sirloin cooked with 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup mushrooms & dash of hot sauce. (mmm, good).    1 cup of shredded cabbage with tiny bit of shredded carrot, and cilantro with 1 tsp of asian dressing. Coffee with half & half , vanilla & stevia.(Probiotic taken 30 minutes after this meal)
Sugar:  5.1g (4g came from the asian dressing, this was an amazing sugar free day)
Carbs: 35g
Water: 8 glasses

0 comments: