Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 1, day 2 - Jorge Cruise Fast Track

Hi,

So, I survived my first day, yesterday.  I kept myself super busy and was surprised that I was able to stay on track and not feel tired.  My mind did not have a lot of time to wander into the carb zone, lol.  I even bypassed my treat at night.  I estimated via Sparkpeople.com that I ate just over 1200 calories but the amazing thing was that in all of those calories only 7 grams were sugar and about 28 grams were carbs.  Amazing.  I will admit my fat grams were up higher that I am supposed to ingest but it was healthy fats except for the bit of butter I had with my dinner, but I will keep an eye on my fat intake and be more selective when it comes to eating it.

I do miss my morning Ezekiel Sprouted grain bread and my daily Banana (dear, sweet banana, you are dearly missed, sigh).

I know this is not forever but I am going to do this for at least 2 weeks and see how it goes.  I ordered Jorge Cruise's older book combo "The Belly Fat Cure & Carb & Sugar Counter"


I was interested in the first book as well because it will offer the option of having and counting carb servings and also has a lot of great recipes.  I am a carb & sugar lover so cutting both of those things out of my life would not be a lifelong option for me so learning how to manage these things would be great!


I didn't work out today and I feel badly about it, but I usually work out at school on Mondays & Wednesdays, but I woke up with an eye infection this morning and didn't want to infect my class so I stayed home.  I will get back on track with the workouts and try to work smarter, not harder.



MEALS:
Meal #1: 9:30 am - 2 slices uncured bacon, 1 eggs, coffee with half & half , vanilla & stevia. (Probiotic taken 30 minnutes after this meal)
Snack:    No snack
Meal #2:  1:00 pm - 3 oz of chicken, 1 cup of asparagus, shredded parmesan cheese, 1 pats of butter (Probiotic taken 30 minutes after this meal)
Snack:  1/2 oz cream cheese, 2 slices of reduced sodium, no nitrate turkey breast, 20 almonds
Meal #3: 12 large shrimp, 1 1/2 cup of brussels sprouts, hot sauce. (Probiotic taken 30 minutes after this meal)
Sugar: 8.1 gms
Carbs: 30.9
Water: 8 glasses

3 comments:

Doris said...

Hi Gina,

Sorry about your eye infection. A week ago Tues (on Valentine's Day) I started to feel sick and have been sick since. It didn't help to have a packed schedule that I couldn't unload some until Sunday, so that probably prolonged being sick. Heck, I can't really understand why I'm sick.

Yesterday I made some coconut bread that has ZERO grains or starches (well, okay, it had a little starch with the baking powder, but if you don't use that, you won't have any). You could follow the 4 ingredient recipe and add ground flaxseed to it or almond meal to give it a grainier texture without any grains.

With the recipe as is, it is 0.3g sugar per serving OR less, if you have a smaller slice of bread. It is a "different" taste. It's on my site as "Coconut Flour Bread".

It is high in fat as it has coconut oil & eggs, but very high in protein and those fats are healthy.

I'm not sure if I would worry about the fat too much that is in Jorge's Fast Track. Your body does go into ketosis, which is fat burning, rather than sugar burning. If I recall from AA, you're a muscle burner? So, maybe this fat will help trigger fat burning more? I don't know.

I was a mixed, but tended towards sugar burning and having a diet so low in sugar IS allowing me to more easily shed bodyfat without the tons of work we were doing in AA.

Just some thoughts for you.

Smiles,
Doris

Gina said...

Hey Doris, Sorry to hear you have been sick. I think my eye infection was an allergic reaction to some strong lacquer fumes coming from the store next to my school. All day I felt dizzy and nauseous from it and then 2 days later I had an eye infection, ehich then moved into my left eye on Sunday night. Had to stay home from school so I wouldn't infect anyone. I LOVE cocnut anything so I will go grab the recipe from your site, Sounds yummy! I am also hooked on Jorge's Skinny Muffins made from flax. I add 86% cacao pieces to it to add a nice sweetness to it. I find the baking powder to be a bit salty if it doesnt mix in properly, but I love those muffins. I am not ating them for 2 weeks though while I do the fast track and see where I go from there. I was glad to find this program and even happier to find that YOU were doing it as well. I swear , Doris, we have so much in common. I am so glad we came together in Agless Abs. I agree that cutting the sugar is probably the most important step for me. My hormones are so out of whack and I think this will help. Also, I have found that now that I hve given up wheat products (pretty much) that when I do eat it I get bloating and gain weight quickly so I guess over the years I have become a bit intolerant to it. Glad we are doing this!

Doris said...

I'm upset that I'm still sick. 9 days now and this horrible cough. Ugggh. I hope you're well by now, too.

I love coconut, too. I have a site (Tropical Traditions) in my blog. LOVE their stuff and you can order online. I've been using them for years, including for skincare stuff. If you do choose to order from them, which they have great products, and you've never ordered from them, click on one of my Tropical Traditions links and that will allow me to refer you so I can get a $25 gift certificate to use on their site.

If you find you love their stuff, too, you can do similar to me when you refer someone from your site. They have deals it seems like once a week or every other week where there is free shipping, so I wait on those days, and wait for my items to usually go on sale before buying. Saves me a lot.

I was hoping that when I get to 15% bodyfat and don't want to go lower, that I would gradually add back limited amounts of complex carbs and the occasional sugar.

The cool thing about the Fast Track is that I have ZERO cravings, and I don't feel like I ever need a cheat day as the foods I'm eating taste so good and there is enough variety. Like when I eat bacon, I almost feel like that's a treat and a cheat meal in itself - like indulging.

Sometimes I use turkey bacon, other times beef, or pork, but usually with no nitrites. Gets kinda pricey, though.

The sugar wasn't too hard to cut and I thought it would be for the grains/starches, but it wasn't.

I, too, am glad we came together in AA and are doing Jorge's thing. I really hope this will help bring your hormones a bit more less whacky, but you may need some additional progesterone from like an alternative healthcare practitioner to balance that out more.

Do you find that having a little cacao helping? I'm not a chocolate lover, but I do find that the 85% or higher cacao really hits the spot.

For Jorge's Skinny muffins, you could try 2/3 tspn cream of tartar and 1/3 tspn baking soda in lieu of the baking powder to give it the rise. Mix well, though.

After Scott's 2-Week Sugar Challenge, I'm going to add some blueberries and maybe chocolate to my muffins.

I thought that when my kids have parties at school, I can make these muffins for my kids with different fruit (bananas, apples, raspberries, blueberries, mango), maybe add some vanilla extract, and do a whipped cream cheese frosting with a little xylitol (or stevia) lemon zest. It'll give them the sweet taste with no grains, no starch, good nutrition. Another frosting could be an egg white (meringue) frosting.