Monday, April 25, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Mon. April 25, 2011

Week 7, Day 1
My SMART Quest for today is:  I feel like I did really well with my Reward meal for Easter!  So my goal for today is to stay energized and stay on track!
Awoke:  7:00 am
Warm Up: 7:45 am 
12 push ups
16 squats
16 spiderman climbs
20 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!  I have added a few extra reps to my warm up to get my heart going!

Workout:  7:50 am

Today I am doing Scott Colby's Weight Based Interval Training #1, week 7, from Ageless Abs 2 Program!  I will continue to add more reps and do more advanced moves.   


Metabolic Acceleration Phase - Week 7

Weight Based Interval Training # 1 


BOSU DB Squat with Front Raise (15 lb. dumbbells) x 16 reps 
DB Reverse Lunge with Overhead Press (15 lb. dumbbells) x 16 reps (8 reps each leg)
BOSU DB Bent Over Row and Raise  (15 lb dumbbells) x 16 reps 
DB Renegade Row - T Stabilization (15 lb. dumbbells) x 20 reps (10 reps each side)

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.  Rest only as needed.

I was feeling like I was dragging a bit.  I think Mondays are always a bit tough!  It was hard to get through each round.  I was counting the rounds down, lol.
I tried to use 17.5 lb dumbbells for the DB Reverse Lunge with Overhead Press, but with the added rep and me feeling tired, I stuck with the 15 lb dumbbells.  All of the weights felt super heavy today.  I almost felt nauseous while working out, but just kept giving myself a "pep talk" to keep going!
I was able to complete 3 rounds in exactly 20:00 minutes.  It was wonderful to hear the Gymboss beeping right when I finished that 3rd round!
R#1 - 6:43, R# 2 - 6:39,  R#3 - 6:38  (my times were about the same as last week even though I added extra weight)

I finished this workout with a 5 minute Couplet Finisher #1
Finish this workout with Finisher #1 consisting of

30 Push Ups + 30 Squat Jumps
20 Push Ups + 20 Squat Jumps
10 Push Ups + 10 Squat Jumps
It took me 4:22 seconds to complete the Finisher! 
I was sure Scott could hear me cussing him out this morning.  I sure do love push ups, but geez!  My arms were rubber and I was exhausted!

I am down to my lowest weight since both programs!  I lost another couple of pounds!  Excellent!  I didn't take photos again as my daughter is home for the week, and I won't do this in front of anyone, lol.  next week for sure or maybe tomorrow while she is asleep!

MONDAY STATS:
Neck - 12 1/2" (same)
Bust - 34 1/2" (same)
Under Bust - 29 3/4" (- 1/4")
Waist - 28" (same)
Navel - 31 1/2" (- same)
Hips - 35 1/2" (same)
Thighs - 23" (- .25")
Mid Thigh - 20 1/2" (same)
Knee - 17" (same)
Calves - 14 3/8" (- 1/8")
Ankles - 9 5/8" (same)
Bicep Left - 11 1/2" (same)
Bicep Right - 11" (same)

MEALS: 
Meal #1:  9:00 am -  1 small banana & coffee & sugar free creamer
Meal #2: 12:45 pm -  tilapia fish fillet, steamed broccoli
Meal #3: 4:30 pm -  
Meal #4: 7:30 pm -    Grilled chicken, 2 Persian cucumbers & hummus,  5 dried plums
WATER: 8 glasses

 MINDSET:  I really should have eaten more today.  I had to go grocery shopping to get good food in the house.  I had a great Reward Meal yesterday.  We went to see my son at UC Irvine, picked him up and went to lunch at "Il Fornaio" Italian Restaurant in Irvine.  It was delicious.  I started with bread (yes!!!!) and then a healthy salad of arugula & roasted beets with a lemon vinaigrette.  My main course was home made butternut squash ravioli with crispy sage (oh my gosh, this was awesome).  It is one of my favorite things to eat at this restaurant.  I followed this up with a few bites of Tiramisu that my kids devoured!  When I got home I was so tired I took a nap.  I awoke and had some Easter chocolate.  After that I mostly drank water for the rest of the night and ate a small serving of light microwave popcorn while watching Disney's WALL-E, what a cute movie!  Loved it!  I had only gained 1 lb from yesterday and I know it will go away this week.

0 comments: