Monday, April 18, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Mon. April 18, 2011

Week 6, Day 1
My SMART Quest for today is:  Get back on track.  I was in Las Vegas for my daughter's Cheer competition.  I actually did a fairly good job of eating decently, but no matter what you order, unless you cook  it yourself, it seems to be loaded with salt, ugh!  I had a reward meal day on Saturday and ate out, but I still didn't go all out crazy!  Everything seemed fine until Sunday morning, when I felt like I was retaining water, oh well!  Back home and back on track!
Awoke:  5:00 am
Warm Up: 5:30 am 
12 push ups
16 squats
16 spiderman climbs
20 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!  I have added a few extra reps to my warm up to get my heart going!

Workout:  5:35 am

Today I am doing Scott Colby's Weight Based Interval Training #1, week 6, from Ageless Abs 2 Program!  I will continue to add more reps and do more advanced moves.   


Metabolic Acceleration Phase - Week 6
Weight Based Interval Training # 1 

BOSU DB Squat Press  - 15 lb DB's x 16 reps (went up from 12 lbs last week!)
DB Reverse Lunge with Bicep Curl  - 15 lb DB's (back leg on BOSU) x 20 reps (10 reps each leg).  I also went up in weight with the DB's from 12 lbs and did 2 less reps on each side.
BOSU DB Squat with Bent Over Row - 17.5 lb DB's x 16 reps (went up from 15 lbs last week)
DB Renegade Row x  17.5 lb DB's x 30 reps (15 reps each side)  Once again, went up on the weight of the DB's did 1 rep less on each side.

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.  Rest only as needed.

I was nervous again since I hadn't done weights since Friday!  I was also very tired from the weekend of running all around Las Vegas!  It was a rough start but I managed to push through it and get it done! Whooya!

It has been hot in my town so I had the ceiling fan on.  I was sweating quite a lot and my heart rate was up! I was able to complete 3 rounds in 19:47 minutes.
I started another round but since I only had about 13 seconds the timer went off before I got my first rep in, lol.
R#1 - 6:43, R# 2 - 6:36,  R#3 - 6:28  (my times were about the same as last week even though I added extra weight)

I finished this workout with a 5 minute Couplet Finisher #1

Push Ups until you can't do any more - R1 28, R2 18, R3 43, R4 12
Squat Jumps until you can't do any more R1 37, R2 30, R3 28, R4 25
As many rounds as you can in 5 minutes ( It took me 5: 48 to complete . I was able to add a few more reps here and there per round!)

I did not take my photos today or measurements as I was feeling (and looking really bloaty).  My system was out of whack (which is normal when I go away) so I will either take pictures & measurements tomorrow if time allows!  I did see a tiny gain of 1 1/2 lbs, but that is not bad considering the salty food and not being able to eat what and when I wanted!

LAST MONDAY STATS: (still need to post this weeks)
Neck - 12 1/2" (same)
Bust - 34 7/8" (- 1/8")
Under Bust - 30" (same)
Waist - 28" (same)
Navel - 31 1/2" (- .75")
Hips - 35 5/8" (- .15")
Thighs - 23 1/4" (- .25")
Mid Thigh - 20 1/2" (- .50")
Knee - 17" (- .20")
Calves - 14 1/2" (- .10")
Ankles - 9 5/8" (- .20")
Bicep Left - 11 5/8" (- .10")
Bicep Right - 11" (- .25")

MEALS: 
Meal #1:  9:30 am -  1 small banana & coffee & sugar free creamer
Meal #2: 12:45 pm -  tilapia fish fillet, steamed broccoli
Meal #3: 4:30 pm -   2 slices Ezekiel sprouted grain bread, 1 Tbs natural peanut butter, 5 dried apricot halves, small handful of raw walnuts & almonds
Meal #4: 7:30 pm -    9 Grilled shrimp, steamed asparagus

WATER: 8 glasses

 MINDSET:  I have been very tired lately.  I went back to take a nap after my daughter went to school.  I slept (not soundly) for almost 2 hours.  I felt pretty groggy for awhile after, but then I had more energy for the rest of the day!  I am hoping to see some good results this week.  I have had a great day of clean eating an a very good workout so I plan to keep this up and hopefully be rewarded with results! I had a very productive day of working on my doll business.

0 comments: