Thursday, April 28, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Wed. April 27, 2011

Week 7, Day 3
My SMART Quest for today is:  Today is supposed to be a reward meal day. I don't want to have one, but we are supposed to meet friends later, so I will see what happens. I plan to be good during the day just in case.

Awoke:  6:30 am
Warm Up: 7:20 am 
12 push ups
20 squats
20 spiderman climbs
30 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!  I continue to add extra reps to my warm up to get my heart going!

Workout:  7:25 am

Today I am doing Scott Colby's Weight Based Interval Training 21, week 7, from Ageless Abs 2 Program!  I am adding more reps and doing more advanced moves.   


Metabolic Acceleration Phase - Week 7

Weight Based Interval Training # 2

BOSU Spiderman Climbs with Push Ups x 20 total push ups     
DB Squat With Rotational Overhead Press (17.5 lb Dumbbells) x 16 reps total (8 each side)Bodyweight Rows Feet on Stability Ball (Bosu Ball) x 20 reps (10 reps on Bosu, 10 reps feet on floor)
DB Reverse Lunge to Side Raise (15 lb & 12 lb Dumbbells)x 16 reps  total (8 each leg)

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.  Rest only as needed.

I got a good amount of sleep. I used 17.5 lb Dumbbells for the Rotational Overhead Press. It was a good weight with the added reps.  For the DB Rev. Lunge to Side Raise, I started with 12 lb dumbbells for round #1, but bumped up to 15 lb dumbbells for rounds 2 & 3.  For round #4 I had to go back down to 12 lbs, as I was too tired to keep good form with the added reps.

I was able to complete 3 rounds in exactly 18:00 minutes.  I decided to finish a 4th round.  It took about 23:00 minutes to finish.
R#1 - 5:51, R# 2 - 6:03,  R#3 - 6:05 R#4 - 5:17


MEALS: 
Meal #1:  9:00 am -  1 small banana & coffee & sugar free creamer
Meal #2: 12:45 pm -  egg white omelet, 2 slices uncured bacon
Meal #3: 4:30 pm -   grilled chicken & grilled lean beef with brown rice & mixed steamed veggies.
Meal #4: 7:30 pm -    Reward Meal - Ceviche, spinach salad, small serving chips & salsa, chocolate & red wine (ugh, I feel bloaty)

WATER: 9 glasses

MINDSET: Felt pretty good today.  Hope things continue in a good path.  Wish I hadn't had a reward meal, but I did, so we will see what happens.

0 comments: