Monday, April 4, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Mon. April 4, 2011

Week 4, Day 1 
My SMART Quest for today is:  To know that I am doing good for my mind body & soul.  Last week was good both for my eating and my workouts and I was rewarded with a nice loss of inches and weight.  I hope I can continue of and move ahead to a better me!
For more about my Mindset scroll to the bottom of this entry. 

Today was photo day!  I have not had a chance to really look at any of the photos from the past 3 weeks.  I really need to sit down and study them, but for now I am glad I took my photos.

MONDAY STATS:  Well, good news and bad news, lol.  I managed to lose about 4 pounds last week, but having a reward day so close to Monday is a recipe for weight gain!  I felt really thin and my clothes were baggy on Saturday morning and afternoon, but once I had my reward meal which really consisted of odd treats, I felt pretty bloaty the next day.  I tried to drink a lot of water to flush it all out.  It is late now 10:45 pm Monday night and I feel a bit thinner again.  I know by the end of the week all will be okay if I stay focused. I lost in some places, and stayed the same in others. 
Neck -  12 1/2" (-.50")
Bust - 35 1/4" (same)
Under Bust - 30 1/2" (same)
Waist -  28 1/2" (- .50)
Navel - 32 1/4" (same)
Hips -  35" 3/4"(-.25")
Thighs - 23 1/2" (-.50")
Mid Thigh - 21(same)
Knee -17 3/8 (same)
Calves -  14 1/2 (- .25")
Bicep - Left - 12" Right - 11 1/4" (same)

SLEEP:   6 1/2 hours - Decent night.
AWOKE: 5:00 am
WARM UP: 5:25 am
Squats x 12
Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
Performed 2 rounds of this circuit
Today I am doing the Weight Based Interval Training #1 from Scott Colby's Ageless Abs 2 Program.  I am adding extra reps and doing 20 (and 25) reps per exercise instead of 15 and also doing some of the exercises on a more advanced level to keep it challenging.
Metabolic Ignition Phase - Week 4
WORKOUT: 5:30 am - Weight Based Interval Training # 1 , Week 4

Overhead Bulgarian Split Squats x 25 each leg   (ouch added an extra 5 reps from last week)
Bodyweight Row Narrow Grip  (I used Ulitmate Body Press Dip Bar) x 20 (did 10 reps on Bosu, 10 reps on floor, it was a killer) 
Side to Side Squat Jumps x 30 (I added and extra 5 reps from last week) 
BOSU Mountain Jumper - Push Ups x 25 ( I added an extra 5 reps from last week, this was super tough)
I was able to complete 4 rounds in 23:48   R1 - 6:15, R2 - 6:03, R3 - 5:44, R4 - 5:45
I did 3 1/4 rounds in the 20:00 time.  I was wiped out!
I was worried about adding the extra reps since this workout was harder than it seemed last week, but I really want to challenge myself and push as hard as I can.
Bulgarian Overhead Split Squats are still very challenging.  Adding those extra reps really put an extra burn in my legs, ouch!
Bodyweight Row Narrow Grip using the Ulitmate Body Press Dip Bar.  I swore that this week I would try to do some of the reps on the Bosu.  Since the UBP Dip Bar is low to the ground the BOSU is a good height for the challenge.  It was so much harder to do the reps on the Ball, I could only do 10 reps on the ball, then I would do 10 reps with my feet on the floor , weight in my heels.  Ouch!
Side to Side Squat Jumps - I felt I needed to add more reps so I did 30, as quickly as I could.  It really got my heart rate up and a burn in my legs..
BOSU Mountain Jumper Push Ups - What was I thinking adding and extra 5 resp from last week?  25 reps?  Good heavens I was dripping sweat. 

Because of the extra reps all the way around, I was able to complete 3 1/4 reps and added
  
MEALS:
Meal #1:  7:20 am -  1 small banana, coffee & sugar free creamer
Meal #2:  10:30 am - 1 serving of plain oatmeal  
Meal #3: 1:30 pm -  3.5 ozs chicken breast grilled, 3.5 ozs broccoli, hot sauce
Meal #4: 5:30 pm - 2 slices toasted Ezekiel sprouted grain bread, 1 Tbs natural peanut butter,
Meal #5: 8:30 pm - 2 slices uncured bacon, 3 grilled chicken breast
WATER: 8 glasses
MINDSET:  I am feeling better this Monday than last Monday!  I didn't feel like working out when I got up, but as usual I forced myself into it and just got going.  Once I started I was really into it.  I felt motivated knowing that other's on the Ageless Abs 2 group would also be working out!  I am glad to have this group!
I really feel that tweaking my eating plain all last week really worked.  I felt good and I never really felt hungry or deprived.  The only time I find myself craving anything is after a reward meal when I eat something bad, then I want bad things, lol.  Thankfully those feeling pass and I stay on track!

0 comments: