Saturday, April 9, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Sat. April 9. 2011

Week 4, Day 6
My SMART Quest for today is:  Well, so far so good!  Since my Reward day I only gained 1 pound!  That is good as I usually rack up 3 lbs before it goes away just from eating a reward meal, lol.  So today I will continue to try and stay on track.  My eating was sparse though out the day yesterday and ended with me eating a few fried shrimp (all that was available). It could have been worse.
For more about my Mindset & Meal Plan please scroll to the bottom of this entry. 

SLEEP:   6 1/2 hours - I went to bed again at 12:00 am , awoke at 7:30 am
AWOKE: 7:30 am
WARM UP: 8:00 am - since I am do9ing the HIIT workkout I needed to do 5 minutes of warming up so I incresed my reps in my normal workout and added an extra round.
Squats x 12
Spiderman Climbs x 12 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
Performed 2 rounds of this circuit
Today I am doing a series of  5 Tabata Intervals based on Scott Colby's Ageless Abs 2 Program!  I am still adding extra time to the intervals and I continue to try and do more advanced moves.    Instead of doing 20 seconds on - 10 seconds rest, I am doing 30 seconds on 10 seconds rest.



Metabolic Ignition Phase - Week  4


5 Tabata Intervals
These are timed Intervals:  Set your Gymboss Timer to 2 intervals of 30 seconds & 10 seconds and 8 rounds.  Each round is 5:20 minutes/seconds. 



Side to Side Ski  Jumps - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 96, 97, 96, 96, 97, 98, 100, 99 reps per round.  I was cranking this out going as fast a I could!
Overhead One Legged Step ups -  30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 4 round per leg - Left leg - 13, 13, 11, 13, Right leg - 12, 12, 13, 12 reps per round! 
Bowling Lunges  - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 67, 65, 66, 66, 66, 64, 66, 66 reps per round!  I was able to add a few more reps!
8 Count BOSU Body Builders 
Knee Hugs (from Zuzana's BodyRock.tv, see photo below) - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 13, 10, 8, 10, 9, 9, 9, 10 reps per round! I don't know what I was thinking trying to do these again as a Tabata!  It was hard last time and this time was no better!  My abs were on Fire!  I was crying through this!  8 rounds could not come quick enough!
- 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5.5, 5.5  reps per round! .  It was a good challenge to add the BOSU to this move!  Something new to try!
 Knee Hugs (From Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv)
They look so Innocent!


I sure was glad when this was over!  I had that feeling of not wanting to work out agian, but once I got into it, I plowed along!
MEALS:
Meal #1:  10:30 am -  coffee & sugar free creamer
Meal #2:  11:30 am - 1 small banana, 2 slces of uncured bacon
Meal #3: 3:30 pm -  low cal,  low sugar , low carb chicken & couscous salad from Trader Joes, I added a few big handfuls of spinach to the salad as there werent' many greens in it.  It was very good.  1 slice of flatbread, 1 oz cheese
Meal #4: 0:00 pm -
Meal #5: 0:00 pm -
WATER: 4 glasses (so far)

MINDSET:  Having another good day!  My weight is still up that 1 lb from reward day, but I am sure by tis week it will go away and take more weight with it!  I am a bit worried about the coming dumbbell workouts.  I was actually enjoying the bodyweight exercises.  I remember last time being impatient to start the dumbbell weight workouts!  Then I realized how they got hader each week, and now I don't want to start, lol.  Oh well, I will just do it, I rememeber how defined my arms started looking after these workouts!

0 comments: