Wednesday, April 6, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Wed. April 6, 2011

Week 4, Day 3
My SMART Quest for today is:  I have still been meticulous in my eating habits.  I am happy to say  I am seeing some results.  I am still making an effort to not eat anything after 7:30 - 8:00 pm.  My eating has been very clean!  I am looking forward to my Reward day but I do have some aprehension.
For more about my Mindset & Meal Plan please scroll to the bottom of this entry. 

I have lost a little more here and ther, and the scale is being good to me, lol.  But tomorrow the Reward Day monster will be after me!


SLEEP:   6 1/2 hours - I managed to get to bed by around 10:30 pm , sleep was okay.
AWOKE: 5:00 am
WARM UP: 5:20 am
Squats x 12
Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
Performed 2 rounds of this circuit
Today I am doing the Weight Based Interval Training #2, weeks 3 & 4  from Scott Colby's Ageless Abs 2 Program.  Once gain I continue to add extra reps and doing 25 - 30 reps per exercise instead of 15 and also doing some of the exercises on a more advanced level to keep it challenging.
Metabolic Ignition Phase - Week 4
WORKOUT: 5:25 am - Weight Based Interval Training # 2 


Walking Lunge with Medicine Ball Rotation (I used an 10 lb dumbbell) x 20 total
Dips With Feet on Stability Ball, x 30
Jumping Lunges x 30 total (each lunge counts as 1)
BOSU Mountain Climber Push Ups x 25 
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.  Rest only as needed

I was able to complete 4 rounds in 25:32   R1 - 6:13, R2 - 6:08, R3 - 6:29, R4 - 6:42

Adding the extra reps caused me to take longer with each round this week!
I wanted to add a round of my Ab Wheel to stretch out my back but I had to take carpool today for one of the parents so I didn't have the extra time.  I can feel it in my back today, but it is a good muscle pain, nothing bad
The Walking Lunge with Medicine Ball Rotation was still very hard to do.  This time I used a 10 lb dumbbell and did 20 reps.  I wanted to do 25 reps but honestly I can really feel this in my shoulders, deltoids, obliques, etc, and it is such a good burn.  I really concentrate more on doing a good deeper lunge than trying to crank out reps.  The slower I go, the more I feel it!
Dips with feet on Stability Ball (I used an aerobic Step with extra risers and a Bosu) This time I added another 10 reps and I did 30 reps total per round. I had more confidence in my ability to do the dips without injuring myself, but that fear is always in the back of my mind.  It was very chllenging to get through those last 10 reps each round, ouch!
Jumping Lunges - I did 30 reps again as fast as I could with keeping good form and doing a decent lunge before jumping to the next leg. These really keep that heart rate up!
BOSU Mountain Climber Push Ups  - This time I did 25 reps, my goodness this was tiring. I finally figured out that if I wear weight lifting gloves then my palms don't hurt so at least I didn't have to worry about that!  Great challenge.

As usual, I was a sweaty mess, but I love it!  As wiped out as I am after these workouts, the feeling of  victory is awesome!  It stays with me throughout the day!
MEALS NEW IDEA: If you remember last week I had an idea to tweak my eatinghabits a bit.  I must say it has been successful.  Cutting out soe of the extra calories without skimping on the protein and good carbs has paid off.  I am seeing a weight reduction every week now and the tape meaure is giving me tiny losses too! As I mentioned last week, we are not supposed to count calories, but for someone like me who is a muscle burner type I need to be careful how many calories I ingest as supposedly I don't need that many calories to begin with.
Here is a a re-cap of what I posted last week to refresh the memory:
Normally we have a protein shake or recovery drink right after working out.  I am usually not very hungry so instead for the last few days I have just been having a piece of fruit (banana, mango, mixed fresh berries, etc), then 3 hours later I have an egg white omelet with veggies.  I have cut out right there with those 2 meals over 200 calories.  Then for lunch I have a lean piece of protein such a chicken, fresh fish, lean beef, shrimp, etc. with a vegetable.  I will then have a bout 6 raw walnut halves.  3 hours later I have a snack.  This is where it gets interesting for me.  You see my "binge/hunger/craving" time falls late in the afternoon after lunch and before dinner.  Sound familiar?  So instead of just having carbs in the morning as suggested (when I don't want them), I have been eating 2 slices of toasted Ezekiel bread with 1 Tbs of Natural Peanut butter.  I sit and thoroughly enjoy every moment of this and I feel so satiated, and I don't even get hungry for dinner.  3 hours later  have my last meal which is the same as lunch - a lean protein and vegetable.  I keep myself really busy all day especially at night so I won't want to eat.  I stop eating between 7:30 - 8:00 pm. 

MEALS:
Meal #1:  7:30 am -  1 small banana, coffee & sugar free creamer
Meal #2:  10:30 am - 1 serving oatmeal
Meal #3: 1:30 pm -  3 1/2 ozs Grilled Tri tip steak, 3 1/2 ozs steamed broccoli, 2 dried apricots
Meal #4: 5:00 pm -  2 slices toasted Ezekiel sprouted bread, 1 Tbs natural peanut butter
Meal #5: 7:30 pm -  1 ozs Grilled Tri tip steak, 1 serving roated beets with tiny drizzle of olive oil & drizzle of seasoned rice vinegar.
WATER: 8 glasses

MINDSET:  While I have been feeling good physically, I have not been so good emotionally.  It is not due to the program but because if some personal things I am going through in my life.  It is tough to stay positive when you are being torn down constantly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gina;
You are doing so well! Fight those mental demons! Remember, when life gives you lemons....grab the tequila....I mean make lemonade!

Melina

Gina said...

Hey Melina,
Thanks so much, I like your thinking. Sometimes maybe grabbing the Tequila is not such a bad idea, lol. It just has to be a reward day! Thanks for lifting me up!