Thursday, April 14, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Thurs. April 14, 2011

Week 5, Day 4
My SMART Quest for today is:  Continue on as I am feeling better, and more positive!  I am concerned about this weekend as I leave tomorrow for Las Vegas to my daughter's National Cheer Competition.  I hope I will be able to stay on track.  I plan to workout tomorrow before we leave, but I don't know if I will be able to workout on Saturday.  I know I will be doing a lot of walking so hopefully that will help.  I just gotta stay away from the bad food!
For more about my Mindset & Meal Plan please scroll to the bottom of this entry. 

I went to bed earlier lat night!  I really needed this!

SLEEP:   6 1/2 hours - I went to bed at 10:30 pm , I needed to try and catch up on lost sleep!
AWOKE: 5:00 am
WARM UP: 5:25 am - since I am doing the HIIT workout I needed to do 5 minutes of warming up so I increased my reps in my normal workout and added an extra round.
Squats x 16
Spiderman Climbs x 16 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
Performed 3 rounds of this circuit to make it a 5 minute warm up!  My arms were already feeling it!
Today I am doing the High Intensity Interval Training Workout, week 4  from Scott Colby's Ageless Abs 2 Program.

I am not a huge fan of this type workout and prefer the Tabatas as I don't tend to like   I am doing 90 seconds (1 1/2 minutes ) work & 90 seconds (1 1/2 minutes) active recovery instead of 1:00 minute work 2:00 active recovery.  This works better for me as It gets my heart rate up more.

Metabolic Ignition Phase - Week
WORKOUT: 5:30 am - High Intensity Interval Training Workout


Sprinting (running in place as fast as I can) x 90 seconds full on work
Boxing shuffles with punches  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace
Burpee Knee Raises ( Squat Thrust Push Ups with a Knee Pull Up on the UBP Dip Bar) This is from Zuzana's BodyRock.tv site - see photo below, x 90 seconds full on work
Side Kicks alternating legs after about 15 reps each side as many as I can do x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace.
Jumping Jacks x 90 seconds full on work.  As quickly as possible
Boxing shuffles with punches  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace
BOSU Squat Thrusts with Push Ups (Burpees) x 90 seconds full on work
Side Kicks alternating legs after about 15 reps each side as many as I can do  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace.
Switch Kicks x 90 seconds full on work
Boxing shuffles with punches  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace.
Backward Lunge with Kick Up Toe Touches - Left Leg x 90 seconds full on work
Side Kicks alternating legs after about 15 reps each side as many as I can do  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace
Backward Lunge with Kick Up Toe Touches - Right  Leg x 90 seconds full on work
Boxing shuffles with punches  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace
Star Crunch (from Zuzana's BodyRock.tv site) - x 90 seconds full on work
Side Kicks alternating legs after about 15 reps each side as many as I can do  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heart rate at a moderate pace.

5 Minutes of cool down at a moderate pace on the scale a "3"

Burpee Knee Raise (From Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv)
Jump Down and do a squat thrust with push up

 Jump up and pull your knees up on the UBP Dip Bar!

Switch Kicks from Insanity Program




Star Crunch


Each exercise took 3 minutes for a total of 24 minutes (8 exercises), plus 5 minutes of cool down & 5 minutes of warm up.  I did this workout last week and really loved it so I did it again!
I added a finisher of:
Knee Raises - (Knee Pull Up on UBP Dip Bar) x 25 reps 

MEALS:
Meal #1:  8:00 am -  coffee & sugar free creamer, 1 small banana
Meal #2:  10:30 am - 1 egg white omlette with 2 slices of uncured bacon
Meal #3: 0:00 pm
Meal #4: 0:00 pm -
Meal #5: 0:00 pm -
WATER: 3 glasses

MINDSET: 

0 comments: