Thursday, April 7, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Thurs. April 7, 2011

Week 4, Day 4
My SMART Quest for today is:  Oh heck!  Have fun with my reward meal day!  Why not?  It is just what I need and deserve (do I sound convincing? lol!)
For more about my Mindset & Meal Plan please scroll to the bottom of this entry. 

I am a bit worried about my reward meal, but really this is a good thing...a treat!  Anything I want!


SLEEP:   6 1/2 hours - I went to bed again at 10:30 pm , this is good for me, usually it is much later!
AWOKE: 5:00 am
WARM UP: 5:30 am - since I am do9ing the HIIT workkout I needed to do 5 minutes of warming up so I incresed my reps in my normal workout and added an extra round.
Squats x 16
Spiderman Climbs x 16 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
Performed 3 rounds of this circuit
Today I am doing the High Intensity Interval Training Workout, week 4  from Scott Colby's Ageless Abs 2 Program.

I am not a huge fan of this type workout and prefer the Tabatas as I don't tend to like 1:00 minute work 2:00 minutes lower cardio active recovery.  Scot had a great idea of changing up the time a bit so I am doing 90 seconds (1 1/2 minutes ) work & 90 seconds (1 1/2 minutes) active recovery.

Metabolic Ignition Phase - Week 4
WORKOUT: 5:35 am - High Intensity Interval Training Workout


Sprinting (running in place as fast as I can) x 90 seconds full on work
Boxing shuffles with punches  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heartrate at a moderate pace
Burpee Knee Raises ( Squat Thrust Push Ups with a Knee Pull Up on the UBP Dip Bar) This is from Zuzana's BodyRock.tv site - see photo below, x 90 seconds full on work
Side to Side Jump Rope in place  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heartrate at a moderate pace.
Jumping Jacks x 90 seconds full on work.  As quickly as possible
Boxing shuffles with punches  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heartrate at a moderate pace
Squat Thrusts with Push Ups (Burpees) x 90 seconds full on work
Side to Side Jump Rope in place  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heartrate at a moderate pace.
Switch Kicks x 90 seconds full on work
Boxing shuffles with punches  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heartrate at a moderate pace.
Backward Lunge with Kick Up Toe Touches - Left Leg x 90 seconds full on work
Boxing shuffles with punches  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heartrate at a moderate pace
Backward Lunge with Kick Up Toe Touches - Right  Leg x 90 seconds full on work
Boxing shuffles with punches  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heartrate at a moderate pace
Star Crunch (from Zuzana's BodyRock.tv site) - x 90 seconds full on work
Side to Side Jump Rope in place  x 90 seconds active recovery to keep my heartrate at a moderate pace.

Burpee Knee Raise (From Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv)
Jump Down and do a squat thrust with push up

 Jump up and pull your knees up on the UBP Dip Bar!

Switch Kicks from Insanity Program




Star Crunch


Each exercise took 3 minutes for a total of 24 minutes (8 exercises), plus 5 minutes of cool down & 5 minutes of warm up.  Wowza this was a good workout!
I added a finisher of:
Knee Raises - (Knee Pull Up on UBP Dip Bar) x 25 reps 

Call me crazy, but I wanted to do these extra reps.  I haven't had time to try different exercise with the UBP Dip Bar so this was a good way to try it out!  Wow oh wow I could feel this in my abs!

Okay, so I had to take my mother to the doctor to see her orthopedic surgeon as she fell on one of her knee replacements.  I ran out without any recovery drink or meal, (not good), but I forgot to eat (yes) so my first meal was not until 10:30 am. 

I ended up having a fun day of eating.  I went to a sort of Pub Restaurant.  I told the waitress it was my day to be bad, and asked what should I have?  I am happy to report I had my first "Fried Pickles" can you believe it?  I had heard Snookie from Jerseyshore (never have watched the show) likes them.  I have to say, they were really good...Odd, but good.  Salty (not good) so I am thristy.  I also had fried Southwestern eggrolls - Basically flour tortillas rolled with corn, black beans, cheese, jalapenos, etc, and fried...yum!  I felt really sick about 1 hour after I ate this.  I had a small Gelato to settle my stomach and my sweet tooth! Had some more chocolate when I came home and tasted a cheese pizza I made for my daughter, but I didn't want dinner, I am still full, ugh!

MEALS:
Meal #1:  7:30 am -  coffee & sugar free creamer
Meal #2:  10:30 am - 1 small banana, 1 serving oatmeal
Meal #3: 2:00 pm -  See above!  Good "bad" stuff, lol!
Meal #4: 0:00 pm -
Meal #5: 7:00 pm -  tasted a small bite of homemade cheese pizza (it was so good) and some chocolate, ugh.

WATER: 8 glasses

MINDSET:  Hey, I made it!  I had fun, I am not going to sweatit.  After reading the posts on the Ageless Abs 2 list, they are right, once you start eating healthy, a normal meal will seem like a huge meal.  While I ate bad things today I can't say my protions were huge and I stopped eating as soon as I started feeling a tiny bit full.  Thank goodness as I was feeling a bit nauseous, lol.  I feel so much better today and now I have until Monday to get myself back in shape and the junk out of my system.  no social plans for the weekend so I should be okay!

0 comments: