Friday, April 29, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Fri. April 29, 2011

Week 7, Day 5
My SMART Quest for today is:  Get a good stretch in.  My arms are a bit sore from yesterday's workout!  I think doing the knee raises on the Ultimate Body press Dip Bar was to much.  My shoulders are tight today!
Awoke:  7:00 am
Warm Up: 7:40 am 
12 push ups
20 squats
20 spiderman climbs
30 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!  I continue to add extra reps to my warm up to get my heart going!

Workout:  7:50 am

Today I am doing Scott Colby's Weight Based Interval Training#3, week 7, from Ageless Abs 2 Program!  I am adding more reps and doing more advanced moves.   


Metabolic Acceleration Phase - Week 7

Weight Based Interval Training # 3


DB Renegade Rows with Push Up and T-Stabilization  (12 lb. Dumbbells) x 16 push ups (8 rows each side) 
DB Bulgarian Split Squat with Overhead Press (15 lb Dumbbells) x 24 total (12 each side)
BOSU DB Side-Front Raise Combo (8 lb Dumbbells) x 16 (each time your arms come down equals 1 rep, will have to use fairly light weight)
DB One Legged Step Up (15 lb Dumbbells) x 24 each side
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.  Rest only as needed.


I was able to complete 2 1/2 rounds in exactly 21:30 minutes. It took me so long to complete each round.  The push ups were killer and so were the Bulgarian over head presses.  I was so wiped out for some reason that I decided not to finish the 3rd round after the timer went off.  I just finished the exercise i was working on when the timer buzzed.  My arms were shaking and my shoulders and triceps were sore and fatigued.

R#1 - 8:36, R# 2 - 8:26,  1/2 of R#3 - 4:28 - Total 21:30 minutes

I finished this workout with Finisher #2 consisting of30 Dips + 30 Jumping Lunges (total)
20 Dips + 20 Jumping Lunges (total)
10 Dips + 10 Jumping Lunges (total)

Wow oh wow!  This was killer on my arms.  They were already sore and rubbery!


MEALS: 
Meal #1:  9:00 am -  1 small banana & coffee & sugar free creamer
Meal #2: 12:00 pm - 2 slices uncured bacon
Meal #3: 2:30 pm -   grilled bbq chicken salad 1/2 focaccia bread
Meal #4: 6:00 pm -   2 slices toasted Ezekiel Bread with small amount of butter & jam
Meal #5: 8:30 pm -   Grilled chicken, 1 carrot with hummus

WATER: 7 glasses

MINDSET: I was having sort of a down feeling today, but I managed to push it aside, and eat well.  I am still feeling bloaty, hope that goes away, ugh!  I was glad to get my workout over with today.  For some reason it was really tough!

0 comments: