Saturday, April 9, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Fri. April 8, 2011

Week 4, Day 5
My SMART Quest for today is:  I have been happy with the way things are progressing!  I will try to stay positive and on track through out the weekend in order to get that much closer to my goal!
Sleep:  7 1/2 hours - Went to bed about 11:00 pm  - slept until 6:30 am.
Awoke:  6:30 am
Warm Up: 6:40 am 
8 push ups
12 squats
10 spiderman climbs
20 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!

Workout:  6:45 am

Today I am doing Scott Colby's Weight Based Interval Training #3, week 4, from Ageless Abs 2 Program!  I will continue to add more reps and do more advanced moves.   


Metabolic Ignition Phase - Week 4
Weight Based Interval Training #3

Bodyweight Row Narrow Grip Feet on Stability Ball x 20 (I used the Ultimate Body Press Dip Bar instead)
Medicine Ball One Legged Reach  (with 15 lb dumbbell) x 20 each leg
BOSU Spiderman Climbs x 30 each leg
BOSUSquat Thrust Push Ups  (BOSU Burpees) x 25
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.  Rest only as needed

Well, I felt like working out this morning which was good as sually when I sleep in, I get side tracked and then don't feel like doing it, (but I always do, it).
Bodyweight Row I used my Ultimate Body Press Dip Bar.  I did 20  reps, I did 10 reps with the BOSU and 10 reps with my fet on the floor.  I can feel myself getting stronger!
Medicine Ball One Legged Reach This time I used a 15 lb dumbbell.  I was glad I went up from 12 lbs last time. I had much better balance this time as well.  By those last fe reps, I could really feel it agian!
Bosu Spiderman Climbs - I added 5 extra reps again and did 30 reps per leg.  I have to say those last 5 reps were felt.
BOSU Squat Thrusts with Push ups!  I really like ading the BOSU to the Squat thrust push ups!  I added another 5 reps. Whooo!
It is funny, but it took me so long to do the extra reps.  I wonder if adding the extra reps gives me as good of a workout than doing less reps more rapidly?  I was able to complete 3 rounds in 24:20 minutes.
With the extra reps It took me an extra 2:20 than last time I did this circuit.  I was only able to do 2 1/2 rounds in the 20:00 time.
R#1 - 8:52, R# 2 - 8:06,  R#3 - 7:35


MEALS: 
Meal #1: 8:30 am - Banana & Coffee with sugar free creamer
Meal #2: 11:30 am - 1 serving oatmeal
Meal #3: 2:30 pm -  Tuna with olive oil, oregano & seasoned rice vinegar
Meal #4:  7:30 pm - 5 fried shrimp (yes fried), 1 small roll, few bites of baked potato. (I was serving dinner at an event that only had fried foods, ugh!)  But when I looked p the fried shrimp it wasn't so bad!
WATER:  8 glasses

MINDSET: I have my ups and downs!  I feel pretty good going into the weekend!  I hope my spirits will stay up!  I am worried about next weekend when I will be in Las Vegas for my daughter's cheer competition!

0 comments: