Tuesday, April 12, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Tues. April 12, 2011

Week 5, Day 2
My SMART Quest for today is:  Snap myself out of the depressive funk I am feeling.  Amazingly I am managing to stay on track with my workouts.  My eating has been off a bit but not because I am eating too much, but rather that I don't feel like eating and have been skipping meals.  This is odd for me as I love to eat!
For more about my Mindset & Meal Plan please scroll to the bottom of this entry. 

SLEEP:   5 1/2 hours - I went to bed again at 11:30 pm , awoke at 5:00 am
AWOKE: 5:00 am
WARM UP: 5:25 am - Still adding extra reps to my warm up!  Feels good
Push Ups x 12
Squats x 16
Spiderman Climbs x 14 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
Performed 2 rounds of this circuit
Today I am doing a series of  5 Tabata Intervals based on Scott Colby's Ageless Abs 2 Program!  I am still adding extra time to the intervals and I continue to try and do more advanced moves.    Instead of doing 20 seconds on - 10 seconds rest, I am doing 30 seconds on 10 seconds rest.  I want to go to 40 seconds on 10 seconds off, this will make each Tabata 6:40  for a total of 34 minutes workout time. That will add another 8+ minutes to the workout, ugh! Today I have to carpool so maybe next time.



Metabolic Acceleration Phase - Week 5

5 Tabata Intervals
These are timed Intervals:  Set your Gymboss Timer to 2 intervals of 30 seconds & 10 seconds and 8 rounds.  Each round is 5:20 minutes/seconds.  26:40 total



Jumping Jacks - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 40, 40, 41, 40, 42, 44, 42, 43 reps per round.  This was a great way to get my heart going!
Suicide Drills -  30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds -  25, 24, 24, 23, 24, 23, 23, 25 reps per round!  
BOSU Mountain Jumper Push Ups  - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds -9, 8, 8, 7, 8, 7.5, 7, 7 reps per round!  These were killer.  I had a tough time getting through all of the rounds.  I was dripping sweat after this! Whooo!

Jump Squats with Side Kicks (wearing ankle weights) - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 4 Rounds per leg.  Left Leg - 18, 19, 19, 19 reps per round! Right Leg - 19, 19, 18, 17 reps per round!
One Arm Press Up -(From Zuzana'a BodyRock.tv, see photo below)  7, 8, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7 reps per round!  I was exhausted, these were hard to do today!
I don't know what I was thinking trying to do these again as a Tabata!  It was hard last time and this time was no better!  My abs were on Fire!  I was crying through this!  8 rounds could not come quick enough!
 1 Arm Press Up (From Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv)
They look so Innocent!


This was a good workout!  My arms were very tired from doing the BOSU Push ups and the One Arm Press Ups.

MEALS:
Meal #1:  8:00 am -  coffee & sugar free creamer
Meal #2:  9:30 am - 1 small banana
Meal #3: 3:30 pm - a few bites of low cal orange chicken
Meal #4: 8:00 pm - roasted chicken, small portion of chili bread

WATER: 6 glasses (so far)

MINDSET:  I just haven't been feeling well.  I don't know what is up.  Emotionally I am down and drained.  I know I am not getting enough sleep and my personal life is really bringing me down.  I have to go to Las Vegas this weekend for my daughter's cheer competition, so I hope I snap out of this and can be good with the eating.  I will probably not be able to work out on Saturday unless I find a place to workout!

0 comments: