Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Week 6, Day 1 - Couch to 5K Running Program

I am still feeling sick.  I can't seem to shake this cold.  From what I hear this bug sticks around for a few weeks.  Oh joy!

I am not going to let it stop me from running.  I have been working so hard and I don't want to fall behind.  I plan to just keep a steady pace and not push too hard

Today it is a series of 5 minute runs mixed with an 8 minute run.  This should be doable after Saturday's 20 minute run!


Warm up: 5 - 10 minutes Static Stretching:
  • Hip Flexors
  • Quads
  • Calves
  • Adductors (inner thighs)
  • Hamstrings
Podcast - Week 6 - Day 1:
  • 5:00 minutes brisk walking
  • 5:00 minutes running
  • 3:00 brisk walking
  • 8:00 minutes running
  • 5:00 minutes brisk walk
  • 3:00 minutes running
  • 5:00 minutes brisk walk
I was able to get through this just fine.  I ran 1 extra 5 minute interval and started on the 8 minute interval when I decided to stop.  My nose kept stuffing up and I had to stop and blow it.  It is hard to run if you can't breathe, sigh!

Extra run:
  • 5:00 minutes running
  • 3:00 brisk walking
  • 2:00 minutes running
  • 5:00 minutes brisk walk
Cool Down: 5 minutes Static Stretching:
  • Hip Flexors
  • Quads
  • Calves
  • Adductors (inner thighs)
  • Piriformis
Here's to a great day!

0 comments: