Monday, March 28, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Mon. March 28, 2011

Week 3, Day 1 
My SMART Quest for today is:  Try to stay positive.  I will not be having a reward meal day today as I had Chinese food on Saturday at a dinner party and while I behaved, it just made me bloat up and I also had 1 glass of wine .  On Sunday, while I didn't binge eat, I did eat things I shouldn't have eaten so I will have my next reward day on Saturday as scheduled with the rest of the group.  I hope everyone has a great Reward meal Day!  I am feeling down today, not because of eating.  Strangely I am not upset about that at all.
For more about my Mindset scroll to the bottom of this entry. 

I did take my photos today!  I am not sure if there is a difference, but I feel better from last week when I refused to take my photos.  I will have to upload them and compare them to Day 1!

MONDAY STATS:  Well, things are slower going that I had hoped for.  I sort of figured it would be the second time around on the program.  My weight is about the same as last week.  Considering I had Chinese food on Saturday night and was not super diligent with my eating on Sunday it is amazing that my weight stayed the same so I am happy about that.  In regards to measurements, I lost a bit on some areas and gained a bit in a few other places.  The measurements below are based on day 1 of this new program not the ending of the last program (as I had gained a bit, ☺)
Neck -  13" (same)
Bust - 35 1/4" (-.25")
Under Bust - 30 1/2"
Waist -  29" (same)
Navel - 32 1/4" (+.25")
Hips -  36" (-.25")
Thighs - 24 (+.25")
Mid Thigh - 21(same)
Knee -17 3/8 (-.33")
Calves -  14 5/8 (+ .33")
Bicep - Left - 12" Right - 11 1/4" (same)

SLEEP:   6 hours - This seems to be normal for me.  I did awake a few times in the night but went back to sleep.
AWOKE: 5:00 am
WARM UP: 5:25 am
Squats x 12
Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
Performed 2 rounds of this circuit
Today I am doing the Weight Based Interval Training #1 from Scott Colby's Ageless Abs 2 Program.  I am adding extra reps and doing 20 (and 25) reps per exercise instead of 15 and also doing some of the exercises on a more advanced level to keep it challenging.
Metabolic Ignition Phase - Weeks 3 and 4
WORKOUT: 5:30 am - Weight Based Interval Training # 1 , Week 3

Overhead Bulgarian Split Squats x 20 each leg   
Bodyweight Row Narrow Grip  (I used Ulitmate Body Press Dip Bar) x 20 
Side to Side Squat Jumps x 25
I was able to complete 4 rounds in 19:37   R1 - 5:00, R2 - 4:49, R3 - 5:07, R4 - 5:16, I did another round of the Bulgarian Squats that added the extra time of 21:00 total.


When I first read over this workout it looked like it would be so easy and I was worried it wouldn't be challenging enough!  WRONG!!!!  It was very tough!  Loved it!
Wow, those Bulgarian Overhead Split Squats were really something.  They looked so innocent, but ouch!  Adding those extra resp per round set my quads and glutes on fire!  These really got my heart rate up!
I did the Bodyweight Row Narrow Grip using the Ulitmate Body Press Dip Bar.  I still find this very challenging when using the UBP Dip Bar and was struggling through the reps to pull myself up all the way, especially with the added reps, but I love the challenge. 
The Side to Side Squat Jumps were also very challenging as my quads were already burning and I added 10 extra reps for a total of 25 reps.
I have to say doing the BOSU Mountain Jumper Push Ups were so difficult to get through quickly.  Doing 15 would have been hard enough but adding extra reps to 20 was tough.  My quads were still sore and I could really feel this.  I could not go as fast as I would like and sweat was just dripping off my face onto the BOSU!  Yuck!
I had wanted to add an extra round at least to make the workout longer, but my daughter was up early for a school function and was watching me, and I really hate anyone being a spectator, that is why I get up so early, the last thing I need is a 17 1/2 year old adding her 2 cents worth, lol.
I rested only briefly between exercises or when I was failing and needed to stop for a few seconds (moaning and groaning, lol). 
I think this Workout  really worked my quads today as well as my abs, it was a nice overall upper, middle and lower body workout!
  
MEALS:
Meal #1:  7:00 am -  no time to eat, I had a banana, coffee & sugar free creamer
Meal #2:  12:30 am - Egg white omelet with spinach, & tomatoes, spray of olive oil.  
Meal #3: 2:30 pm -  3.5 ozs shrimp, 3.5 ozs broccoli, hot sauce
Meal #4: 5:00 pm - 2 slices toasted Ezekiel sprouted grain bread, 1 Tbs natural peanut butter,
Meal #5: 8:00 pm - 3 ozs extra lean ground sirloin patty, 1/2 avocado
calories total
WATER: 8 glasses (so far)

MINDSET:  I have been feeling down today! I am still trying to keep positive.  It is hard because I am working very hard too and trying not to lose interest and also to rev up my metabolism even more.  I have the added aggravation of menopause that seems to be keeping me from achieving my goals as easily as I would like.  My metabolism is messed up more than I think is repairable.  I am sure with time, once my hormones settle in things might get better. I know I am not always perfect in my eating but I never miss a workout and I don't binge eat so it is frustrating to feel like I can't eat like a normal person.  I am sure others go through this.  I try to give a positive attitude on the list as I tend to be a bit private about my personal feelings.  Anyone in menopause knows that we battle feelings of worthlessness, depression, lack of concentration, mood swings, foggy headedness, hot flashes, bed sweats, anxiety attacks.  On top of it all I have just the pitfalls of everyday life,  and stress in my private life. Sometimes it is hard to cope, but I make myself get up and "just do it".  I have always been alone in my workouts so it is nice to have the support of the list but I don't want to rub anyone the wrong way or have anyone feel that I am too far ahead of them, or that I don't need help too.  (I do) That is why I am back in the program.  12 weeks goes by very quickly and soon everyone will be where I am now.  I need this group! ☺

On a positive note, my daughter mentioned at dinner tonight "wow mom!  You were working out so hard this morning!"  it was noce that she noticed and didn't say anything negative or make fun of me! ☺

2 comments:

Doris said...

Hi Gina,

I am praying for you. I love the look of your blog. It looks awesome. Wish my blog looked better, but I just don't know how to do the tabs thing and all the stuff you do.

Oh well.

Enjoy the journey, Gina. I know, easy for me to say because I'm not dealing with the hormonal things you are. Praying for you there and you find what will work for and help you.

So glad your daughter acknowledged how hard you work!!! Yay!!

Hugs,
Doris

Doris said...

Hi Gina,

Drat. I just wrote this long ole comment and somehow it got erased. Arrrgh.

I will do a better job at checking in more often to your blog. Always get sidetracked.

I'm sorry for all the hormonal stuff you're going through. That must be so ick and frustrating. Can't imagine (yet). The only thing I can think of is going to a naturopath to help provide some natural remedy.

Glad your daughter acknowledged all your hard work. You do work so hard. Personally I think you look absolutely gorgeous and fantastic, but I know that we all have our own goals. Don't beat yourself up over this, rather see this as a journey.

Have you ever done Yoga? Maybe your body needs some yoga or pilates. Just a thought. You work soooo very hard.

Big Hugs,
Doris