Saturday, March 19, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Sat. March 19, 2011

Week/ 1, Day 6
My SMART Quest for today is:  Try to have a Reward day, I was supposed to have it yesterday, but I have a book club meeting tonight and I wanted to save it.  Also I haven't really been craving anything, but I know I have to eat that bigger higher calorie meal for my metabolism.  I guess I am afraid to eat it, lol.
GREAT NEWS! My BOSU Ball came in yesterday so I got it ready last night for today's workouts!
I plan to keep adding as many advanced workouts to my routine as possible to kep my body fired up and working hard!
Sleep:   8 1/2 hours - Went to bed about 11:00 pm  -
Awoke:  7:30 am
Warm Up: 8:55 am 
8 push ups
12 squats
10 spiderman climbs
20 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!

Workout:  9:00 am

Today I am doing a series of 4 Tabata Intervals based on Scott Colby's Ageless Abs 2 Program!  My Abs areno longer sore so I am going to mix it up today and try and work all areas with the Tabata's.
I am planing on adding extra time to the intervals and doing more advanced moves so I am only going to do 4 Intervals.  Instead of doing 20 seconds on - 10 seconds rest, I am doing 30 seconds on 10 seconds rest.

Metabolic Ignition Phase - Weeks 1 and 2

4 Tabata Intervals
These are timed Intervals:  Set your Gymboss Timer to 2 intervals of 30 seconds & 10 seconds and 8 rounds.  Each round is 5:20 minutes/seconds. 

Side to Side Ski Jumps - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 92, 92, 91, 91, 91, 90, 91, 90 reps per round!  I was going as fast as I can to get my heart rate up! 
BOSU Mountain Jumpers - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 23, 22, 23, 23, 23, 25, 24, 24  reps per round!
Overhead One Legged Step Ups - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds -  4 rounds per leg - Left Leg: 13, 13, 11, 12 reps per round! Right leg: 12,13,12,12 reps per round.  I was groaning through this feeling like I just couldn't go on.  My Quads and glutes were on fire!
Squat Thrusts with Push Ups (Burpees) - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5  reps per round!  I was dying by the time this was coming to an end.  I couldn't wait!

Finisher Abs:  Star Crunch x 20 Killer Reps - laying on ground, hands over head, lift torso up as you lift your legs up and open and reach through your legs, OUCH!

 Zuzana doing a Star Cruch


I have to say this was a tough workout.  I was amazed that just adding and extra 10 seconds to each round could really make such a difference.  Also adding the Bosu Ball to the Mountain Jumpers and the push up to the Squat Thrusts made it much more challenging. I felt the need to work mu abs more so I added the Star Crunch from Zuzana'a BodyRock.tv workouts.

MEALS:  P & C & R Day (Since I missed it)
Meal #1: 9:30 am - 8 ozs Fat free Milk with 1 scoop chocolate Whey Protein powder
Meal #2: 11:30 am - 1 egg, 2 slices uncured Applegate Farms turkey  bacon, 1 slice sprouted Ezekiel toast

Meal #3: 0:00 pm -
Meal #4: 0:00 pm -
Meal #5: 0:00 pm -
WATER: 4 glasses (so far)

0 comments: