Thursday, March 31, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Thurs. March 31, 2011

Week 3, Day 4
My SMART Quest for today is:  Stay on track.  I really feel that the slight change I made in my eating habits is working.  I have lost about 3 1/2 pounds this week so far and my things have gone down finally!  Yeah!  So I want to stay focused and I feel motivated to do it!
I have a dinner function to put on at my daughter's HS tonight for about 180 people.  I have been trying to do all of the pre work for the event and will be there today from 2:00 pm until about 11:00 pm.  I will need to have a good strategy for eatng if I want to continue to be successful.

Sleep:   5 1/2 hours - Went to bed about 11:30 pm  - I was so tired.  I had a lot on my mind, I had at least 2 anxiety attacks where I felt like I was dying.  it is so scary, and this seems to happen when I am under a lot of stress.
Awoke:  5:05 am
Warm Up: 5:20 am 
8 push ups
12 squats
10 spiderman climbs
20 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!

Workout:  5:25 am

Today I am doing a series of  5 Tabata Intervals based on Scott Colby's Ageless Abs 2 Program!  I am still adding extra time to the intervals and I continue to try and do more advanced moves.    Instead of doing 20 seconds on - 10 seconds rest, I am doing 30 seconds on 10 seconds rest.


Metabolic Ignition Phase - Weeks 3 and 4

5 Tabata Intervals
These are timed Intervals:  Set your Gymboss Timer to 2 intervals of 30 seconds & 10 seconds and 8 rounds.  Each round is 5:20 minutes/seconds. 


Heisman's - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 88, 88, 87, 88, 88, 85, 85, 87 reps per round.  I felt like I lost a few reps this time.  I was really tired and had a hard time getting into the exercises, but by the end of this first workout I felt more like myself.  I neede more sleep.
Switch Kicks -  30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 63, 58, 55, 61, 60, 62, 61, 62 reps per round.  These were hard to do today!  I was all over the place with the reps, but glad when it was over.  I could really feel this in my abs & legs.
BOSU Squat Thrust Push Ups (BOSU Burpees) - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6  reps per round!  Something new I tried and I liked it!  Good for balance.
Suicide Drills 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 24, 22, 22, 21, 22, 22, 22, 22  reps per round!   A series of 3 side steps with a touch down. 
Squat with Side Kicks  - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds  - 4 rounds per leg - Rt leg - 17, 18, 18, 18 reps per round! Lt leg - 20, 19, 19, 19 reps per round! I liked these a lot on Tuesday so I decided to do them again.  My inner thighs have been feeling it and that is where I want to target my workouts!
 
MEALS: 
Meal #1: 7:30 am - Fresh strawberries, coffee with sugar free creamer
Meal #2: 11:00 am - Egg white omlete with spinach & tomatoes
Meal #3: 2:00 pm -  Roasted Turkey Breast with carrots
Meal #4: 5:00 pm - Raw Almonds, raw walnuts, a few dried apricots and 2 dried figs
Meal #5: 8:00 pm -  salad from trader joes with chicken (low fat, low sodium, low sugar) it was good.
WATER:  8 glasses

MINDSET: I am writing this the day after.  I came home so late from the dinner function.  It was exhausting.  I ended up with over 15 helpers, but with all the people we had to serve, and the tension in the kitchen from the caterer, it was stressful.  I did not get home until almost midnight.  I went right to bed, but I was still reeling from the night.  I am proud that I drank a lot of water, was not tempted by the alcohol or food and desserts that were served.  I stayed on track!  I am glad the day is over, it was soething that had been causing me a lot of stress as I really didn't feel like doing this dinner function!

1 comments:

Doris said...

Hi Gina,

That's awesome that you are down so much!!! Woohoo! I'm so happy for you.

Wow, 180 people? That's a lot. Hope you're okay after that.

Hope you get some rest this weekend.

Great job on the workout. What were your reps for the 5th exercise?

Blessings,
Doris