Tuesday, March 29, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Tues. March 29, 2011

Week 3, Day 2
My SMART Quest for today is:  Continue on in the quest.  I have been good,  I have to stop questioning everything so much!  I was down yesterday, but today is a new day and I plan to make it a good day!  So far I am feeling pretty good and everything is on track.    I am happy that my accountability partner Doris seems to be back on track as well.  I am very happy for her, she is blessed.
Sleep:   5 1/4 hours - Went to bed about 11:30 pm  - woke up a bit later at 5:15 am. I was tired because I went to bed so late and I was sort of down yesterday.  The clock didn't go off with it's normal volume for some reason so thankfully I shot out of bed at 5:15 am.  I usually like more time to "wake" up, but NO excuses, I have to do this, besides I have to carpool today so of all days for this to happen, this was not good!
Awoke:  5:15 am
Warm Up: 5:25 am 
8 push ups
12 squats
10 spiderman climbs
20 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!

Workout:  5:30 am

Today I am doing a series of  5 Tabata Intervals based on Scott Colby's Ageless Abs 2 Program!  I am still adding extra time to the intervals and I continue to try and do more advanced moves.    Instead of doing 20 seconds on - 10 seconds rest, I am doing 30 seconds on 10 seconds rest.

Metabolic Ignition Phase - Weeks 3 and 4

5 Tabata Intervals
These are timed Intervals:  Set your Gymboss Timer to 2 intervals of 30 seconds & 10 seconds and 8 rounds.  Each round is 5:20 minutes/seconds. 


  Side to Side Ski Jumps Ropes - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 92, 92, 93, 94, 95, 93, 92, 92 reps per round.  I continue to try and add more reps evertme I do this move.!
Globe Jumps (Squat Jumps Around the World - From Insanity Workout)  - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 6, 6, 5.5, 5.5, 6, 5, 5.75, 5.75  reps per round! These were challenging.  A series of 4 jumpsquats with a touch down in between.
1 rep equals jump to front, jump to side
jump to back, jump to side! (4 jump squats)
8 Count Body Builders - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 5, 4, 5, 4.5, 5, 4, 4, 5  reps per round!  These are a Squat Thrust with a scissor leg and then a push up then jump back up!
Side Kicks with Jump Squats - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds  - 4 rounds per leg - Rt leg - 18, 18, 18, 17 reps per round! Lt leg - 19, 19, 19, 18 reps per round! Another great move for the obliques and legs.

One Arm Press UP (alternating arms for each rep - from Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv)  - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds -7, 7, 7, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7 reps per round!  Zuzana usually does this 50 seconds on 10 seconds off, but she mixes it up with other exercise so you are not doing the same move for 8 rounds.  This was super hard to do for 8 straight rounds.  So glad it was over, super challenging.  Photos below.
Click on the image to see a larger version of the photo.

One Arm Press Up - from Zuzana's BodyRock.Tv Survivor Workout




Carefully lower yourself down and switch arms, repeat!
MEALS: 
Meal #1: 7:00 am - 1 banana, coffee with sugar free creamer
Meal #2: 10:30 am - egg white omlette with tomatoes, and Spinach
Meal #3: 1:30 pm -  3 1/2 ozs fresh albacore tuna filet &  3 1/2 ozs broccoli & hot sauce, 6 raw walnut halves
Meal #4: 4:30 pm - 2 slices toasted Ezekiel Sprouted grain bread & 1 Tbs natural peanut butter
Meal #5: 7:30 pm -  3 1/2 ozs fresh albacore tuna fillet made into a tuna salad with olive oil, vinegar, oregano, splash of low fat mayo & touch of honey.  2 1/2 ozs of steamed asparagus


WATER:  9 glasses (so far)

MINDSET: Today turned out to be a good day.  I tried to stay focused on all of the tasks I had to do.  March and April are busy months for me and it is easy to get sidetracked.  I was happy that when I weighed myself this morning, not only was te 3 lbs I gained from eating chinese food gone I ha actually lost another 2 lbs.  I have really been watching what I eat and holding myself super accountable.  I really want to reach my goal before this 2nd phase of Ageless Abs 2 is over!  Here's to a great tomorrow!

0 comments: