Monday, March 14, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Mon. March 14, 2011

Day 1, Week 1 - A New Quest for a new me!

My SMART quest for today is:  I am excited and feel renewed as I once again start out on this 12 week journey with a new group of Ageless Abs 2 members!  It will be a wonderful quest for all of us to be the best we can be!

SLEEP:   5 hours (not so good). Well I was hoping to go to bed earlier with the time change and all, but it didn't happen.  Then at about 3:00 am my daughter woke me up.  She was in the bathroom dry heaving , nauseous from the pain of a severe sore throat!  Poor baby (she is 17).  Not the best way to start a new program, but I got her situated and back to bed by 3:30 am.
AWOKE: 5:00 am

WARM UP: 5:25 am
Squats x 12
Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
Jumping Jacks x 20

Performed 2 rounds of this circuit

WORKOUT: 5:30 am - Weight Based Interval Training # 1 
 
Squat Jumps x 15
Push Ups with Feet Elevated x 15
  
I was able to complete 6 1/2 rounds in 20 minutes!  R1 - 2:44, R2 - 2:55, R3 - 3:01, R4 - 3:12, R5 - 3:05, R6 - 3:31, R7 - 1/2 round - 1:26

I thought I was going to pass out!
I did Squat Jumps to make it more advanced and add extra cardio to the workout. 
I did the Push Ups with my feet elevated on a high step (used enough risers to make it as high as a chair).  The push ups were the most difficult exercise for me to do since I was doing them with my legs elevated!  Great suggestion Scott! 
By the time I got to the 5th round my arms felt like rubber!  I could barely breath.  I also think I rubbed a bit of skin off of my right elbow doing the suicide planks.  I was so sweaty and the mat was wet and since I am left handed I tended to push off first with the left arm leaving the right arm to slip a bit.  Next time I will use a towel and also try alternating which arm I push off with.
I rested only briefly between exercises or when I was failing and needed to stop.  This was a great workout!  I was wiped out and super sweaty!
I checked to see what my rounds were when I did week 1, day 1 of the Ageless Abs 1 program the first time and I had originally completed 4 rounds on a normal (not advanced) level with push ups on my toes.  I felt great knowing that because of this program I have been able to grow stronger and complete 6 1/2 rounds this time on an advanced level. 
I am going to see if I can figure out more advanced moves to make it even more challenging for me.  I am still waiting for my Bosu Ball to come in and then I will do some of those moves!
I was hoping to drink my recovery shake within an hour of working out but unfortunately with my daughter having been up during the night I had to take care of her this morning so I got behind, but better a little late than skipping it, but I know how important it is to have that shake within 30 - 60 mins!
MEALS:
Meal #1:  7:30 am - Green Smoothie with Spinach, Strawberries, Blueberries, 1 Scoop of Chocolate Whey Protein Powder, water & ice. (I made myself drink this as I am not a fan of the green smoothies, lol)
Meal #2:  10:30 am - Egg white omlette with spinach, tomatoes & mushrooms.  2 slices of organic uncured bacon.
Meal #3: 1:30 pm - 1 small banana, sliced jicama & hummus
Meal #4: 3:00 pm - Seafood cocktail containing, shrimp, abalone, octopus, tiny bit of avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, lemon, & hot sauce.  So good!  Super high protein!
Meal #5: Extra lean ground sirloin patty, 1/2 avocado, 4 grape tomatoes & a nice serving of steamed broccoli with hot sauce!

WATER: 8 glasses 
 

0 comments: