Sleep was decent especially since most of last week I was tossing and turning a lot. It was nice to sleep in a little too.
Awoke: 5:45 am
Today I will be doing 2 of Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv workouts. The first workout is 60 High Knee Get Ups, it is a time challenge of 1 exercise. The second workout is Halo of Sweat workout and is a timed interval workout of 12 minutes. I worked out for a total of 22+ minutes. It was exhausting!
Exercise Challenge – 60 High Knee Get Ups
Time: ? min.
Workout Type: Time Challenge
- Set your interval timer as a stop watch and get your exercise mat ready.
- Start with 10 high knees as fast as you can.
- Drive your knees as high as possible while keeping your core tight, chest up and shoulders back and down. A very common mistake that I have seen people making is to shrug their shoulders so that they are almost touching their ears :) This throws off your form completely so please stay focused the entire time to get the most benefits from this challenge.
- As soon as you complete 10 high knees drop down onto your exercise mat so that your belly and chest touch down.
- Then power up into the standing position.
Complete 60 rounds as fast as you can while keeping proper form.
Zuzana’s time for this challenge was 7:54 :)
MY SCORE: 10:37 and I think I actually over 70 reps because I kept losing count. This was very challenging. I took a short rest and then on to the next workout!
- Sumo Jump Knee Up x max.reps
- Sumo Pulse Calve Raise x max.reps
- Reptile on the run x max.reps
- Reptile Push Up - slow speed x max reps
- Knee Hugs x max.reps
- Ab Burn Out x max.reps
- Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 6 rounds and two intervals – of 10 seconds and 30 seconds.
- This workout has 3 parts x 4 minutes.
- Do 2 exercises back and forth with 10 seconds rest in between each set
- You will go through each part of this workout 3 times.
a) Sumo Jump Knee Up – go for maximum reps.
My score: 14, 12, 12
Zuzana's score: 13, 11, 11
b) Sumo Pulse Calve Raise
My score: 20, 19, 19
Zuzana's score:16, 16, 12
a) Reptile on the run – go for maximum reps
My score: 27, 29, 19
Zuzana's Score: 40, 20, 15
b) Reptile Push Up – try super slow speed
My score: 5, 6, 6
Zuzana's score: 5, 4, 4
a) Knee Hugs – go for maximum reps
My score: 12, 12, 12
Zuzana's score: 17, 15, 14
b) Ab Burn Out – do as many of these short pulses as possible
My score: 27, 33, 33
Zuzana's score: 38, 34, 33
I was really running out of steam by this time. I was beat! Great workout!