Tuesday, March 1, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Fri. Feb. 25, 2011

My SMART Quest for today is: Try and behave during the weekend with my eating!  It is always a challenge!

Sleep:  - 7 hours - Went to bed at 11:00 pm  - It was nice to be able to sleep in an extra hour!
Awoke:  6:00 am

Warm Up: 6:25 am 
8 push ups
12 squats
10 spiderman climbs
20 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!

Workout:  6:30 am

Today I am doing Zuzana's BodyRock.Tv On The Floor Abs Challenge.  Click on the link below to go to her website!

On the Floor – Abs Challenge

Workout Breakdown

Time: 10min.
Workout Type: exercise challenge
Exercises: 2
  • Mountain Climber X20 reps
  • Toe Touch X 20 reps
Instructions:

Set your Interval timer to count down 10 minutes.
Do as many sets of Mountain Climbers and Toe Touches as possible during the 10 minutes, alternating between the 2 exercises.


I was able to do:
5 sets of 20 reps for the Mountain Climbers
4 sets of 20 reps plus 12 reps of the Toe Touches (ouch!)

I had been planning to do a 45 minute 10 dumbbell exercise challenge of  5 Upper/ Lower - 5/5 - 50/50 - 
I made up my own workout by choosing 10 Dumbbell Weight Exercises - 5 Upper Body &  5 Lower Body alternating between upper and lower body exercises.  I also did 30 reps of either Squat Jumps or Jumping Lunges, alternating between the 2 exercises after each Dumbbell Exercise.  This was based on Belinda Benn's recommendation from her Get Lean Program.  But:  I got sidetracked and ran out of time so I felt like this was not a very productive workout day for me, but there is always another day, so I won't beat myself up.  At least I DID something , right?

0 comments: