Wednesday, March 16, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Wed. March 16, 2011

Week, 1 Day 3
My SMART Goal for today is:  Think about my salt & fat intake.  I have been very good about eating cleanly and we are monitoring our sugar intake these next few weeks trying to stay at 15 grams (not including our morning green smoothie if we choose to have that).  5 grams is nothing!  There is sugar hiding in everything.  If you want ot know how much sugar just go to : http://www.calorieking.com/ , click on "food search" and type in the food you want to look up.  Not only will it give you calories, it will give you fat, carbs and sugars in that food.  You don't need to sign up, the search tool is free. I find this to be a great tool,  I use it every day!


Sleep:   less than 6 hours - Went to bed about 11:15 pm  - Why do I stay up so late?
Awoke:  5:05 am
Warm Up: 5:20 am 
8 push ups
12 squats
10 spiderman climbs
20 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!

Workout:  5:25 am

Today I am doing Scott Colby's Ageless Abs 2 Weight Based Interval training #2.

Equipment:

Jungle Gym or Ultimate Body Press Dip Bar
Gymboss Interval Timer
Exercise Mat
Chair

Set your Gymboss Interval Timer to count down 1 Interval of 20:00 minutes

Weight Based Interval Training #2  
Bodyweight Row Wide Grip x 20  - I used an Ultimate Body Press Dip Bar! OMG it was hard.  Much more difficult to pull myself up on than the Jungle Gym
Overhead One Legged Step Ups x 20 each leg
Grasshoppers with Push Ups  x 20
Mountain Climbers  x 20 each leg
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.  Rest only as needed
I was able to complete 4 rounds in 24 minutes (3.3 rounds in 20 minutes)
Rd#1 - 5:22, Rd#2 - 5:36, Rd#3 - 6:35, Rd#4 - 2:27 (1/3 of a round) + 3:51 to finish  

Today I did 20 reps instead of 15.
I added Push Ups to the Grasshoppers and did 20 rounds total instead of each leg. 
Using the UBP Dip Bar for the Body Weight Rows was super challenging. 
After round 1 I found that I had to rest at 10 reps for the Bodyweight Row and in the 3rd & 4th rounds I had to rest at 10 reps, 5 reps & 5 reps, ouch!  My arms and abs were feeling like rubber!

I really feel successful in this workout today!  I feel I really worked myself hard.  I was worried about working out my abs again when they have been so sore from Monday's workout but once I got into it, by the second round I could actually feel my abs loosening up! 

Had my recovery protein shake within 50 minutes of my workout!

MEALS:  P & C Day
Meal#1: - 6:50 am - 8 ozs fat free milk with 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder. (200 calories, 2 gms sugar)
Meal #2: - 10:30 am - 2 small slices uncured organic bacon, Egg white omlette with spinach , mushroms, tomatoes ( 150 calories, 0.7 gms sugar)
Meal #3: - 2:00 pm - 8 grilled shrimp, 1/2 cup brown wild rice medley (with lentils & radish seeds) shredded carrot on a bed of napa cabbage (280 calories, 9.7 gms sugar)
Meal #4: -  5:00 pm - Sliced Jicama & hummus, 1 Tbls Natural Peanut Butter. 1/2 banana (316 calories, 12.2 gms sugar)
Meal #5: - 8:00 pm - 3 ozs grilled chicken breast, 1 serving steamed broccoli (197 calories, 2.2 gms sugar)

1143 calores total, 26.8 sugars for the whole day.  Did not have much sugar in my early meals and did not have a green smoothie so not bad as my smoothie would usually have about 12.8 grams of sugar that we don't count as part of the 15 grams total!

WATER: 9 glasses

MINDSET: It was a great day!  I am managing to stay on track all the way around.  If I start to feel hungry I really think about what it is that I am needing.  I keep myself busy, tell myself I can eat in a little while and drink some water.  It really works.  Every now and then I am craving sweets (I am a die hard chocoholic) but I tell myself that if I really want it I cn have it on Friday!  My first Reward Meal Day of this program! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Gina!!! I love your energy and strength!!! You are off to a great start!!!

Gina said...

Hey Thanks! Do you have a blog?
Best of luck to you too!
Gina