Tuesday, March 22, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Tues. March 22, 2011

Week 2, Day 2
My SMART Quest for today is:  I am feeling a bit more postivie today!  I had a good day yesterday, ate well, worked out hard, but for some reason I was feeling really down and depressed.  I will continue to move forward and stay on track!
Sleep:   5 1/2 hours - Went to bed about 11:30 pm  - I am feeling a bit sleepy today
Awoke:  5:05 am
Warm Up: 5:35 am 
8 push ups
12 squats
10 spiderman climbs
20 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!

Workout:  5:40 am

Today I am doing a series of  5 Tabata Intervals based on Scott Colby's Ageless Abs 2 Program!  I am going to add extra time to the intervals like I did on Saturday and do more advanced moves.  I am adding 1 extra interval from last week.  Instead of doing 20 seconds on - 10 seconds rest, I am doing 30 seconds on 10 seconds rest.

Metabolic Ignition Phase - Weeks 1 and 2

5 Tabata Intervals
These are timed Intervals:  Set your Gymboss Timer to 2 intervals of 30 seconds & 10 seconds and 8 rounds.  Each round is 5:20 minutes/seconds. 

Reverse Lunge Kick Up (see photo below) - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 4 rounds per leg. Left Leg - 19, 15, 13, 15 reps per round, Right leg - 14, 15, 14, 14 reps per round.  These are a lot harder than they seem.  Total burn out on quads and glutes.
8 Count Body Builders - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 5, 5, 5, 4, 5, 4, 4, 4  reps per round!  These are a Squat Thrust with a scissor leg and then a push up then jump back up!
Suicide Drills - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 26, 25, 22, 24, 22, 23, 23, 24  reps per round! 3 steps to one side touchdown squat, 3 steps to other side , touch down squat as fast as you can!  I felt myself running out of steam after a few rounds of this exercise.
Heismans - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds  - 91, 95, 94, 93, 91, 91, 91, 89 reps per round! Running in place, side to side motion lifting knees up into sides.  I could really feel this in my abs today because of the extra time added, ouch!
Knee Hugs - (see photo below) - 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 13, 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 7 1/2, 8 reps per round.  I could barely get through this.  I chose this exercise from one of Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv workouts.  It looked so innocent and in the first round I thought sure, no problem.  By the second round I realized this is not a good Tabata interval because it is more of a strength/bodyweight type workout.  My abs and lower back were on fire! I was moaning and groaning through this not thinking I could do all 8 rounds, but I hung in there!  I think of it more as a Finisher to the Tabatas! 
Hey Scott, I think I may have found a good Ab burner exercise for you to offer people who don't have pull up bars.  No equipment needed for this one, Ouch!


Zuzana's Reverse Lunge with Kick Up Toe Touch
(be sure to touch your toe as you kick up)


Zuzana's Knee Hug


MEALS: 
Meal #1: 7:00 am - Chocolate Whey protein Powder with 8 ozs Fat free Milk, ice (190 calories)
Meal #2: 10:30 am - 2 slice Applegate farms turkeu bacom, egg white omlette with asparagus, mushrooms, onion, 1/2 small banana.  (190 calories)
Meal #3:
Meal #4:
Meal#5:

WATER:  3 glasses (so far)

MINDSET: Today I am feeling a little better in regards to depression or feeling overwhelmed.  I think some of it has to do with menopuse.  Sometimes I feel like I am trying to do too many things and can't do any one thing correctly!  It can be frustrating.  It is also very hard to concentrate and remember to do things.  I don't like this feeling!  But I am aware of it and working through it.  Today will be a good day!

0 comments: