Thursday, March 17, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Thurs. March 17, 2011

Week 1, Day 4
My SMART Quest for today is:  Try and really keep track of the sugar in my foods.  After counting up everything yesterday it is shocking to see how it hides in just about everything even healthy foods and it sure adds up quickly!
Today I am working on tweaking my HIIT workouts a bit more to give myself a better workout!
Sleep:   5 3/4 hours - Went to bed about 11:30 pm  -
Awoke:  5:15 am
Warm Up: 5:30 am 
8 push ups
12 squats
10 spiderman climbs
20 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds!

Workout:  5:35 am

My abs are still sore! Once again I will do moves that  work my legs or lower body and get my heart rate up!


Metabolic Ignition Phase - Weeks 1 and 2


5 High Intensity Interval Workouts
These are timed Intervals:  Set your Gymboss Timer to 2 intervals of 1:00 minute & 2:00 minutes and 5 rounds.  Each round is 3 minutes. 

In my case I am going to go until I have to stop.  I found that I was able to go about 80 - 90 seconds and then active recovery for the remainder of 90+ seconds.  This really worked for me much better.
Running (as fast as I can) - 0:90 on -  0:90 active recovery  of  Squats
Jumping Jack Squats - 0:90 on -  0:90 active recovery of boxing shuffles with punches
Jumping Rope (without rope as fast & powerful  as I can)  0:90 on -  0:90 active recovery of boxing shuffles with punches 
Switch Kicks -  0:90 on -  0:90 active recovery  of boxing shuffles with punches 
Running  - (as fast as I can) - 0:90 on -  0:90 active recovery of boxing shuffles with punches
Level 3 Recovery - 5 minutes (3 minutes squats, 1 minute slow jumping jacks, 1 minute moving my legs"out - out - in - in"

All in all this was a decent workout.  It is great to figuring out what I need to do to get my heart rate up!

MEALS:  P Day
Meal #1: 7:15 am - Green Smoothie! (yea me, I hate these).  1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder, Sincah, Strawberries, Blueberries, & water, coffee (sugar free creamer) (165 calories, 7.6 gms sugar)

Meal #2: 11:00 am - 1 egg, 2 small slices uncured organic bacon, 1/2 banana, 2 teaspoons peanut butter (256 calories, 7.1 gms. sugar)
Meal #3: 2:20 pm -  1 serving chinese chicken salad, ice tea (unsweetened), coffee, (dash of milk, stevia) (354 calories, 9 gms. sugar)
Meal #4: 4:00 pm - 1/2 serving light Tiramisu (don't know why I tasted this, but I did, it was good and I was low on calories, but it was a waste of sugars, lol)  (250 calories, 9 gms. sugar)
Meal #5: 7:30 pm - 3.5 ozs lean ground sirloin patty with 1 slice cheddar, 1/2 avocado, 1 serving steamed asparagus (411 calories, 3.0 gms. sugar)

1436 calories total, 28.6 grams sugar
If I had put the banana in my smoothie this morning then 6.6 gms of sugar would not have counted, sigh!  If I hadn't tasted the Tiramisu, then that would have saved me 9 gms of sugar which would have put me at 13 gms for the whole day!  I am giving myself a tiny kick, lol.

WATER: 9 glasses
MINDSET: I have been in a fairly good mindset today!  Had lunch with a friend and managed to behave until we had coffee and she ordered Tiramisu!  One of my favorites.  Thankfully this restaurant makes it on the lighter side without a lot of ladyfinger cake and no alcohol and a light whipped cream.  It was worth it, I can still taste it, yum

0 comments: