Thursday, January 27, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Thurs. Jan. 27, 2011

Week 2, Day 4 - Feeling Confidant
SMART Quest for today: Try making some to do lists.  I have found that actually writing things down helps to keep me focused and get things done.
    I went to bed at about 10:45 pm.  I just cant seem to get to bed any earlier.  My sleep was restless, I thin the novel I am reading was abit disturbing and was weiging on my mind, oh well!

Sleep: Just over 6 hours of sleep.

Awoke: 5:00 am
Warm Up: 5:25 am -8 Push ups, 12 Squats, 10 Spiderman Climbs, 20 Jumping Jacks - 2 Rounds
Workout:  5:30 am - Today I decided to tackle Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv  Workout Mash Up! Grand Theft Booty + Counter Strike Workouts.




This is the second time I have done this workout.  I really like it, I am still amazed at  Zuzana , she is a powerhouse.  I still had to do some of the moves on a beginner level.

Part 1 – Interval Training 6 minutes
  • Snowboarder  -  30 seconds on 10 seconds rest x 3 rounds - (18 reps)
  • One Leg Squat and Side Kick  Left Leg-  30 seconds on 10 seconds rest x 3 rounds - (5 reps)
  • One Leg Squat and Side Kick  Right Leg-  30 seconds on 10 seconds rest x 3 rounds - (5 reps)
I don't know if I will ever be able to do this! Those one legged squats are killer.

Part 2 – Time Challenge 8 minute count down
  • Do maximum sets of Push Up Lunge Combo Exercise - 8 full minutes non-stop - (20 reps) ,  I was able to add 2 more reps this time ☺
This invloves 3 travelling push ups and 2 jump lunges to the side per rep for 8 minutes with 60 push ups!

Part 3 – Interval Training 6 minutes
  • Shelf Butt Exercise - 30 seconds on 10 seconds rest x 3 rounds - (18 reps)
  • Half Pistol & One Leg Pike Press - 30 seconds on 10 seconds rest x 3 rounds - (3 reps)
Love those shelf butt exercises.
With the Half Pistol exercise I could only do 3 reps per 30 seconds and then you continue with the One Leg Pike Press which is a push up in sort of a 1 leg downward dog position.

Finish – 20 minutes of Jump Roping

I did the full 20 minutes of jumping rope this time.  I kept trying to change the footwork.  I could really feel this in my caalves again, but after the first 6 minutes, everything sort of loosened up and felt better. 

MEALS:
Meal #1:  7:00 am - Recovery whey protein shake (within 40 minutes of my workout) (180 calories)
Meal #2: 10:30 am -  1 egg, 2 slices uncured bacon, 1 small banana. (190 calories)
Meal #3: 2:30 pm - Spinach salad with 1 hard boiled egg, 3 ozs chicken, 1 tbs cranberries, sliced mushrooms & spicy vinagrette dressing (354 calories)
Meal #4: 5:45 pm - 5 dried apricots , 1/2 cup textured vegetable protein & 4 ozs fat free milk  (265 calrories)
Meal #5: 7:45 pm
989 calories total - low

WATER:  8 glasses

0 comments: