Friday, January 28, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Fri. Jan. 28, 2011

Week 2, Day 5
My SMART Quest for today:  Give myself a reward meal, but try not to go overboard.

Went to bed at 10:40 and slept until 6:10 am, 7 1/2 hours sleep, but again I kept waking up!  Not a solid sleep. Today can be a reward day so I will see what it brings.

Awoke: 6:10 am - 7 1/2 hours
Warm up: 6:35 am

Push ups x 8
Squats x 12
Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
Completed 2 rounds


Weight Based Interval Training #1: 6:40 am
Compound exercises - Great way to keep the heart rate up and target upper and lower body at the same time.
I mixed this interval up a bit, it is a weight interval from Scott Colby, The Abs Expert.  I used my Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbells, 1 lb weighted gloves and a workout mat.

DB Squat With Front Raise - 18.5 lbs x 8 reps - This was challenging as I wanted to be sure to have good form and not use momentum and swing the weights but rather lift them and lower them with control.  I had to be sure to engage my abs as well to support my back.
DB Bulgarian Split Lunge With Overhead Press x /21 lbs x 12 (6 reps per leg) I always dread this exercise for some reason. Super challenging to press up from the lunge while pushing the weights up into a press.
DB Bent Over Row With Raise x 18.5 lbs x 8 reps This was the max I could do. I could really feel my chest and back muscles working! It was a nice combo of a row and sort of a chest fly!
DB Renegade Row T-Stabilization x 16 lbs x 20 (10 reps per side) I wish I could go up in weight here, but anything more than 16 lbs at 20 reps is too much for me. My arms were shaking and I could really feel it in my abs on the rotation of the stabilization part of the exercise.

I Completed 3 rounds and it took me 30 minutes. We are supposed to do as many rounds in 20 minutes as possible.

Today, I felt like I was dragging a bit.  Not sure why as I got a tiny bit more sleep than usual.  Wish I could have pushed to do 4 rounds, but time did not permit.  I also would have liked to do 4 Tabata intervals and 10 - 12 reps with the Ab Wheel, but next time for sure.

Get Your Workout Gear Here:
These are some of the items I
actually love and use!

















Today I ate at a small Tapas restaurant with a friend for my reward meal.  It was great because I could have tiny tastes of everything without going too crazy in the calorie department.  We shared a Coconut Panna Cotta that had strawberries, blueberries, raspberries & blackberries on it - yummy!  Here is a much lower calorie version!

I Found this recipe on FewerCalories.com


Coconut Panna Cotta
Serves 6
Fibre: o.8g, protein: 4g , fat: 35g
Calories/serving 367

WWpoints per serving 7

  • 50oml/16floz double cream
  • 7 1/2 tablespoons granular sugar substitute
  • teaspoons granulated gelatine
  • tablespoons water
  • 25oml/8floz plain whole milk
  • yogurt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract few grains salt
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 4og(1 1/2oz) unsweetened coconut shards
1. Heat the cream and 6 tablespoons of the sugar substitute in a medium saucepan over a medium heat, and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sweetener. Sprinkle the gelatine over the water in a cup and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
2. Take the cream off the heat, stir in the gelatine and cool until it is just warm. Whisk in the yogurt, coconut extract and salt. Set the mixture over an ice bath and stirring, chill the mixture to a batter consistency. Pour through a strainer into six custard cups, cover with clingfilm and refrigerate unt.il cold.
Meanwhile, heat the oven to 150°C/325°F/Gas 2. Melt the butter in a baking tin in the oven, add the cotonut and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the rest of the sugar substitute, toss again, spread out and bake for 4 to 5 minutes, then cool. Turn out each panna cotta and top with a tablespoon of coconut shards.


MEALS:
Meal #1:  8:00 am - Recovery whey protein shake (within 45 minutes of my workout) (180 calories)
Meal #2: 10:30 am -  1 egg, 2 slices uncured bacon, (150 calories)
Meal #3: 2:30 pm - 1 small meat empanada, 1 small spinach & cheese empanada, 2 slices of baguette with goat cheese, spinach and sundried tomatoes, 2 slices of baguette with 5 garlic shrimp & 1/2 serving of coconut panna cotta! Yum oh yum what a good lunch.  Tiny Tapas portions  I enjoyed myself! (1128 calories - yikes!)
Meal #4: 7:00 pm - 2 strawberries, 1/2 banana, 1 tbs choc syrup, 1 serving sprouts western trail mix(270 calrories)
1728 calories total 

WATER:  8 glasses

0 comments: