Wednesday, January 19, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Wed. Jan. 19, 2011

Week 1, Day 3
My SMART Quest for today:  Continue on with my positive attitude!
     Today is my 3rd day back on track.  I was feeling sore and tired yesterday but in a sick sort of way I like it!  I know I am working my body and it is responding!
I feel much better today and plan to keep on track in all areas of food and workouts!

Sleep:  - 6 hours - Went to bed at 10:45 pm  - Okay, getting better at going to sleep.  The problem is staying asleep.  I kept waking throughout the night.  I go right back to sleep, but it was not restful.  Too much on my mind, I guess.

Awoke:  4:45 am
Warm Up: 5:35 am - 8 push ups, 12 squats, 10 spiderman climbs, 20 jumping jacks x 2 rounds!
Workout:  5:40 am - Upper/ Lower - 5/5 - 50/50 - I made up my own workout by choosing 10 Dumbbell Weight Exercises - 5 Upper Body &  5 Lower Body alternating between upper and lower body exercises.  I also did 30 reps of either Squat Jumps or Jumping Lunges, alternating between the 2 exercises after each Dumbbell Exercise.  This was based on Belinda Benn's recommendation from her Get Lean Program.

EQUIPMENT Needed:   You can use any dumbbells in weights you are comfortable with.  I use anywhere from 8 lbs to 30 lbs, so I use the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells .  They allow me to dial in the weight I need and don't take up a lot of space.  You want to be able to complete the reps with good form, but by the last few reps you should barely be able to lift the weights.
  • Chest Press  (Upper body) - 45 lbs (22.5 lbs. each dumbbell) x 20 reps - This was a killer way to start.  I could barely pump out the last few reps.
  • Squat Jumps - 20 reps
  • Squats (Lower Body) - 60 lbs (30 lbs. each dumbbell) x 20 - I was only able to do 8 reps with this weight and then went down to 45 lbs for the last 12 reps.
  • Jumping Lunges - 25 reps
  • Arnold Press with Reverse Lunge (Upper/Lower) - 17.5 lbs x 25 reps (12 reps per leg)
  • Squat Jumps - 30 reps
  • Straight Leg Dead Lifts - (Lower Body) - 40 lbs. (20 lbs. each dumbbell) x 20 reps
  • Jumping Lunges - 30 reps
  • Chest Flys (Upper Body) - 45 lbs (22.5 lbs each dumbbell) x 20 reps.  My all time favorite dumbbell exercise - I had to rest a few seconds after the first 14 reps.
  • Squat Jumps - 30 reps
  • Reverse Lunges (Lower Body) - 30 lbs (15 lbs each dumbbell) x 24 reps (12 reps per leg)
  • Jumping Lunges - 30 reps
  • Anterior Raise (Upper Body) - 16 lbs (8 lbs each dumbbell) x 20 reps - 3 counts -raise up in front, out to side, down at sides, back up to sides, back in to front, back down to start + 1 rep!  Had to take short rest after first 10 reps. This was killer to do so many reps! Ouch!
  • Squat Jumps - 30 reps
  • Bent Knee Dead Lift - (Lower Body/Back) - 30 lbs (15 lbs each dumbbell) x 20 reps
  • Jumping Lunges - 30 reps
  • Hammerhead Bicep Curls - (Upper Body) - 30 lbs (15 lbs. each dumbbell) x 20 reps.  Slow 4 counts up 4 counts down, had to take a few seconds rest after first 10 reps.
  • Squat Jumps - 30 reps
  • Calve Raises (Lower Body) - 15 lbs x 20 reps. Hold 15 lb dumbbell while raising up slowly on toes, then come down slowly.
  • Jumping Lunges - 30 reps
Finished: 6:23 am - 43 minutes!

Cool Down - 7 Minutes of intense stretching of upper and lower body!

This was a tough workout, but I felt great after it was done!

MEALS:
Meal #1:  7:00 am - Recovery whey protein shake (within 38 minutes of my workout) (180 calories)
Meal #2: 10:30 am -  2 scrambled eggs, 3 slices uncured bacon, 1 small serving of fruit, 1 slice wheat toast, with 1 pat of butter (480 calories) - I was starving after that workout!
Meal #3: 2:30 pm - 3.5 ozs chicken breast with mushrooms, greek yogurt, shallotss & sherry, 1 apricot ( 248 calories)
Meal #4: 7:00 pm -  30 pistachio nuts  (119calories)
Meal #5: 7:45 pm - 5 ozs T-bone steak, no fat, fresh broccoli (278 calories),

1305 calories total - still on low end, I can have up to 1455 calories.

WATER:  7 glasses ☺

0 comments: