Wednesday, January 26, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Wed. Jan. 26, 2011

MY SMART Quest for today:  Continue with this new feeling of strength and positive attitude I have had! ☺
I have been feeling really good.  I am tired and feel the need for a nap, but I feel like I am back into this.  I just need to stay focused and know what I am going to do for my workout the night before so I don't waste time in the morning. I slept fairly well last night and got in 6.5 hours of sleep.

Awoke: 5:00 am (6.5 hours sleep)
Warm Up: 5:30 am
Pushups x 8
Squats x 12
Spiderman Climb x 10 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
(2 rounds)


Weight Based Interval Training:  5:35 am - Each week I challenge myself to do more reps or go a bit heavier. I mixed this interval up a bit, it is a weight interval from Scott Colby, The Abs Expert.  I used my Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbells, 1 lb weighted gloves, ab wheel and a workout mat. ab wheel

Squat Thrust with Push Up to Overhead Press x 8 reps - 37 lbs.  (18.5 lbs per dumbbell) - These are so hard to do.  I started with 25 lbs, but soon realized after 3 reps that I couldn't push the weights up into an overhead press without straining my back, so I bumped down to 18.5 lbs per dumbbell.

DB Rear Lunge with Bicep Curl - 32 lbs (16 lbs per dumbbell) x 12 reps -  I started with 18.5 lbs per dumbbell in the first round, and realized it was a bit too heavy. My arms were already tired from the 1st exercise.
DB Squat with Overhead Rotational Press- 21 lbs. x 12 total reps. 6 each leg. - Boy I have really been working my arms and shoulders with this workout!  My heart rate was up, up, up!
Anterior Raise: 18 lbs. (9 lbs. per dumbbell)  x 10 reps. - This is the same exercise Scott had us do where we raise the weights up out in front , out to the sides, down, back up, back in front and then down again. I was able to go up to 9 lbs from 5 lbs last week.  It was killer on my shoulders. 

I was able to complete only 3 rounds and it took me 28 minutes instead of the 20 minutes suggested to do between 3 - 5 rounds. I just didn't have the strength to do a 4th round, my arms were shot!
Prisoner Squat Jumps - (Hands behind head , Squatting low and jumping up) - Round #1, 30 - round #2, 30 - round #3, 30
Jumping Jacks - Round #1, 30 - round #2, 30 - round #3, 30
NOTE: I opted to do 2 lower body exercise for this because most of my workout prior to this was upper body!
Then I added:
Chest Flys: 45 lbs (22.5 lbs. per dumbbell) x 16 reps

Ab Wheel: 10 reps - full extension out and back in - I could really feel this in my lower back

I finished this workout with:
5 minute Couplet Finisher: do these until you can't do any more
I was able to do 3 rounds in 5 minutes

I had my recovery protein drink within 60 minutes of my workout!


Get Your Workout Gear here:
These are the items I use!










MEALS:
Meal #1:
7:15 am - recovery shake - 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder with 8 ozs fat free milk (190 calories)

Meal #2: 11:00 am - 1 egg & 2 slices of organic bacon & 1/2 banana  (190 calories)
Meal #3: 2:30 pm - 3.5 oz grilled chicken, 1 small zuchinni grilled, 2 small persian cucumbers, & 2 Tbls of light sour cream (239 calories)
Meal #4: 5:30 pm - 2 dried figs & 14 raw almonds (190 calories), sugar free hot cocoa  
Meal #5: 7:30 pm -  3 oz roated chicken breast, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 grapefruit. (303 calories)


WATER: 9 glasses
1112 calories total

0 comments: