Monday, January 17, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Mon. Jan 17, 2011

Week 1, Day 1 - A New Start

     Today is the first day of my new start.  As mentioned before I was on a 12 week program with Scott Colby called Ageless Abs.  It was a terrific program and I got very good results, but it ended right after Thanksgiving and I was thrust into the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping and eating.  I managed to stay on track until right before Christmas, never missing a workout, but my eating habits started to slowly take a dive.  I got sick and was unable to workout for about 1 1/2 weeks. 

I am back on track, but feeling bloaty and mushy!  I gained a bit of weight, but I am not going to look back but rather move ahead!

Sleep: Went to bed at 12:00 am (so bad) but I managed to get 8 hours of sleep as I did not wake up until 8:00 am because my daughter did not have school today!  Whooya, I feel great!


Warm Up: 8:25 am - (4:30 mins/seconds) Used 5 lb weights 

This is one of my old favorites.  It is designed for any level but is also great for advanced levels.  I use much heavier dumbbells than suggested to get the most out of the workout.  It is about 1 hour long and by the time I am done, I am tired, dripping sweat and my muscles get a good fullbody workout. Don't let the video clip fool you, this is a challenging workout if you use the proper weights!  I especially love the chest flys, chest presses and push ups!

  • This is a High Rep 1 hour Intense Workout with lots of pulses (ouch!)
  • Use Heavier Dumbells to challenge yourself


 Small stretches that target each worked muscle are done in between each exercise.


Lunges with back foot up on a step: 56 reps - 20 lbs (10 lbs each hand). My arms were tired from holding the dumbbells. (length 4:20)

Squats with pulsing: 88 reps - 20 lbs (10 lbs. each hand). The pulsing really makes my quads burn..on fire! (length 4:33)

Stiff Leg Dead Lift: 28 reps - 24 lbs (12 lbs. each hand). Feel this in my hamstrings. They have been tight. Went up from 10 lb dumbbells last week. (length 2:10)

Bent Knee Dead Lift: 28 reps - 24 lbs (12 lbs each hand). I could really feel this in my lower back. I feel it getting stronger already. (length 2:15)

Chest Press: 62 reps - 30 lbs (15 lbs each hand). My arms were really tired, I could hardly finish the reps. (length 3:26)

Push Ups: 36 reps - 8 regular push ups on toes, 4 - 3 pulse push ups, 3 rounds. My arms were so tired after doing the chest presses that it was hard to do the push ups this time, I had to do a few reps on my knees to keep good form. (length 3:00)

Chest Flys: 62 reps - 24 lbs (12 lbs each hand). This is a very intense interval. By the time it is done my arms are shaking, but I love it and what it does for my arms! (length 4:42)

Vertical Grip Bent Over Rows: 32 reps - 24 lbs (12 lbs each hand) (length 2:25)

Horizontal Grip Bent Over Rows: 37 reps - 24 lbs (12 lbs each hand). The combo of these two exercises is really nice for my back. I can really feel it. (length 2:20)

Tricep Bench Dips: 32 reps 24 straight reps, small rest 8 more reps. Ouch! (length 1:55)

Skull Crushers: 38 reps - 10 lbs (5 lbs each hand). These seem so innocent, but by the time I finish the last reps my triceps are on fire! (length 3:36)

Lat Pull Overs: 52 reps - 12 lbs total. For some reason I really feel these in my triceps and biceps. Lats are hard to target. My arms are a wobbly shaky mess by the time I am done! (length 4:20)

Overhead Press: 66 reps with pulsing - 16 pounds/10 lbs. 3/4 way through the reps I go down to 10 lbs total as the 16 lbs is too much since my arms are so fatigued. (length 3:30)

Anterior Raise: 12 reps - 10 lbs total (5 lbs each hand). This is the same exercise Scott had us do where we raise the weights up out in front , out to the sides, down, back up, back in front and then down. Since it is high reps I can only do the 5 lbs DB's at this time, hope to bump up to higher weights, I used to do 8, 10 & 12 lbs but much lower reps. (length 1:30)

Biceps Curls: 120 reps - 16 lbs. (8 lbs each hand). Goodness this is a lot of reps working first lower biceps 8 reps, then 2 count staggered curls for 4 reps, then upper biceps for 8 reps, then 2 count staggered curls for 4 reps, then 16 full bicep curls. 3 rounds for a total of 120 reps. By this time my arms are ready to fall off, geez! (length 4:45)

Hammerhead Curls: 88 reps - 20 lbs (10 lbs each hand). 4 counts up and 4 counts down for 2 reps, 3 counts up 1 count down for 4 reps, 2 count up and 2 counts down for 4 reps, then 16 single count reps alternating arms and bringing each arm up across chest for each rep. 4 rounds less the 16 singles are taken out for the last round. I am glad this ends the workout! I don't think I could do much more, lol. (length 4:45)


Nice cool down and stretch of all the worked muscles. (length 4:30)


MEALS:
Meal #1:  9:45 am - Recovery whey protein shake (within 15 minutes of my workout) 1 sm banana
(240 calories)
Meal #2: 11:45 am -  3/4 cup oatmeal, cinnamon, 3 figs, vanilla & splash of fat free milk. (260 calories)
Meal #3: 3:15 pm - 4 oz grilled chicken breast, 2 cups of spinach, 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, lite raspberry vinaigrette, 7 almonds (306 calories)
Meal #4: 5:30 pm - 1 serv greek yogurt, splash of honey, 4 walnut halves, 1 apricot, 1/4 mango (265 calrories)
Meal #5: 7:45 pm - 4 oz Roasted Turkey Breast, carrots, 1/2 small sweet potato (206 calories)
1277 calories total - low


WATER:  9 glasses ☺

0 comments: